Followers

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Autumn Colours

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #70
Celebrate  Autumn


This fortnights challenge Autumn Colours has been chosen by our DT sister, Debbie, I think Debbie love Autumn lol as I am sure she chose a similar theme this time last year hahaha.  For my card I used a Cottage Cuts die for the dark brown leaves and a Sheena Douglas die - Wild Rose for the foamiran leaves and flower which I coloured with Promarkers before letting the iron do the shaping work.  Not the best of ideas as my iron needed a good scrub to get the ink off when I had finished :) :) :).  If you like making flowers and have not tried Foamiran it is an awesome product, a similar to funky foam but much thinner and die cuts beautifully.  You can colour it with all sorts of different mediums or buy the pre coloured (I just buy white and colour as cheaper that way).  The way this product holds the shapes after shaping with an iron is brilliant, alas you can't really see the true effect as I scanned the card and the lid of the scanner flattened it a bit.  The background was stamped with a large wood plank stamp and Moon Rock AltNew ink  and then I airbrushed with brown and beige Promarkers as to soften the white and add more colour around the edge. The two sentiments were  also stamped with Moon Rock ink.  I then layered the birthday sentiment and top layer on black for contrast, the bottom layer behind the sentiment and for the card base are an old bit of metallic wrapping paper :)



Challenges entered:-

2 comments:

  1. This card is so lovely and elegant! What a beautiful sentiment .

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi