Followers

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

A Hint of Wedgewood




Challenge 123
Hats



Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Before I say anything about my card I have to apologise for my very squint photography, totally ashamed of myself.

We have a lovely challenge this month, something very different, it is all about hats.  When I saw the theme of the challenge my thoughts went straight to a cameo idea and as you can see I went totally by this using a close colour to Wedgewood Blue and a black cameo instead of the traditional white the pottery company Wedgewood used to do.  I used one of the images from  IKEsART HATS Set of 4, coloured it with Promarkers and fussy cut it.  It was then placed on a blacked out ladies head which I printed on white card.  Next layer, a pretty oval die cut in black and then a white cut and embossed layer which is actually designed for a quick birthday card from Crafter's Companion.  Thankfully, the oval centre pieces I had created covered most of the die cut birthday cake underneath, you can just about make out out now I have mentioned it :) :).  Finally, I covered a card blank with a blue paper to match the Promarker colouring.

Ingredients:-
  • image - HATS - set of 4 by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Promarkers 
  • other items - cutting/embossing die, oval die, black ribbon and bow, gem
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi