So here is my first creation as part of the Aurora Wings DT :-
For this creation I have used a shadow box to make a picture for my Mum's 87th birthday. She does not want anything bought so what can be better than to make up something that I know she will love in her favourite colours. The image I chose to use was from the original 12 I purchased back in 2014 - Rite of Spring.
I printed the image as large as I could on A4 stamping card and used Distress Inks to colour the background. The image was coloured with Prismacolour Pencils, purple and blue fine liner pens, Stickles and Liquid Pearls were used to add further detail and the bit of bling I love to add to these images.
With this being a shadow box I needed to add something in for foreground and that really had to be a spray of flowers. Usually I make my flowers out of paper or light weight card but they never have that soft look real flowers have so this time I did a bit of research to see what other materials would work. Hard to believe but it seems coffee filters were ideal so hubby when and got me some. Bummer, he came back with brown ones and that was just no good. All I had at hand in the house was kitchen towel so I opted to try that. Not great as the flowers are very flimsy but a good experiment. Each flower has 60 petals hahahaha, and after cutting I wet each petal and dipped in blue ink.
These flowers turned out much larger than I had anticipated so only needed one for the shadow box so decided to use the remaining two for a tag to go with the picture. I also cut some rose leaves and coloured them in pinky purples to match the image and three peacock feathers, again coloured to match the image. The tag was coloured using the same Distress Inks and I used a foiling die to add the Birthday Wishes sentiment in sky blue foil. All done, now just to wrap this up and give it to my Mum on Wednesday when I see her :)
Items used :-
image - Rite of Spring by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff /Aurora Wings
colouring - Distress Inks, Prismacolour Pencils, fineliners
extra items - Stickles, Liquid Pearls, peacock feather die, leaves and flower die by Spellbinders
I am entering this creation in the following challenges:-
- 613 Avenue Create - M (1st Sunday), 8E, Any Craft Accepted (check for recognition each week, top DT choices, winners, and crafter's voting by on-line community) - #211 (July) Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Create your own Designer Paper
- Dare 2B Artzy Challenges - M, 1st Sunday, E3 - (July) Birthday
- Stamping Sensations - M, 3E, Winner + Top 3, must use stamp (no pre-colored digis) Stamp must be focal point of project – (July) In my Garden
- Allsorts W,3E - #476/477 - Flowers All Over
- Crafty Calendar M,3E July - Totally Girly
- Inkspirational 2W,C10 #165 - Birthday (W1 of 2)
- Aud Sentiments Challenge 2W,E5 #207 Flowers + A Sentiment (W2 of 2)
- Addicted to Stamps and More - W, C10, #300 - Happy Birthday (Not quite a card but a gift and gift tag so hope that still qualifies)
- Craftaholics R Us - W, #28 - Turquoise
- Mod Squad Challenge-1W, 3E, F - Floral