Followers

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Tamani

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is a $10 coupon to spend in the store :)

Challenge 260 Theme 

'Anything Goes with WINGS'


Ahhh, wings, so many choices and for me it is always fairies or butterflies :)  This fortnight I have used a Coosty Creations set -  Tamani Digital Stamp and Paper Pack.  I fancied a challenge so thought I would use all four papers that come with this digital stamp :)


I first used one of the papers to create the base mat for my card.  Next I added some lace and used two more of the papers to create border strips one of which I also die cut with a lacy border.  Next I printed the green paper and used it to make my contrasting mat behind the image and also for the base of my ribbon border.  Onto a bit of digital work, one of the papers was used and I then placed the .png version of the file on top of it and printed this twice.  I wanted to try to make the wings appear transparent so first covered them with transparent texture paste, then sprayed them with gold glitter varnish.  Ummm, not quite what I wanted so I then used Ice Stickles and painted them with that and finished off by using gold Stickles for the veins.  Rather pleased with the outcome as they really do look fragile and transparent, just as I imagine fairy wings should be.  On the second printout of the image I coloured the fairy with Promarkers and Polychromos and then fussy cut her out and mounted her in the correct position with foam tape so it appears the wings are truly behind her.  To finish off I made the sentiment and coloured three flower brads with my dark green Promarker and added gold Stickles to them.  All done and I am rather chuffed with how this card has turned out, think I will send it to my Mum as she has fairies at the bottom of her garden :) :) :) 

Ingredients:-

  • Colouring medium - Polychromos and Promarkers
  • Dies - Spellbinders lacy border edges
  • From my Stash - foam tape, transparent texture paste, Stickles, brads, lace
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I can't believe you managed to use all four papers! Amazing.I love how youhave used the image and made her wings appear to be really behind her. Clever girl. Fabulous card Jane. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgeous as usual Jane! Love the image and your coloring and how you put it all together! Hus, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Your color scheme and coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully done Mimi...you've brought her to life for us!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all te layers of paper and lace. Thanks for entering the challenge at Through the Purple Haze this fortnight, Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous image and beautifully coloured. Love your design.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope to see you again next time. Next time we hope you will try to make a 100% digital project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, the coloring is amazing! I am very glad you joined us this week at TSB. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    The Stamping Boutique Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Beautiful card, with lots of detail, bling and texture. So glad your Mum has Fairies at the bottom of her garden, I wonder if they are related or know mine!!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Seasons" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and lovely wings x

    Thank You for playing at Crafts & Me Challenge and do pop back to enter our new challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi