Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Rose

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge 259

Theme 'Anything Goes with DISTRESSING

Distressing is so much fun and with all the techniques around one is spoilt for choice.  I did try something a bit new for me with this card, printing and colouring the image on vellum, it gave a fabulous effect when I distressed the edges.


Once I had printed and coloured the image and put it against the black card it was not as dramatic as I hoped it would be so I coloured the reverse side of the vellum with black Pan Pastels - much better.  I then mounted this on black card and distressed the edges.  Next I cut a couple of doilies, one in black and one in silver.  The card shape design was done on my die cutter.  Next I took a piece of black card and crumpled it all up, then sprayed it with silver glitter spray, it does not show up very well but is lovely and textured.  This was then mounted on another piece of black card to strengthen it and the edges also distressed.  Finally some black and silver trip and oh yes, a thinking of you sentiment stamped with silver ink.
The inside of the card also got a fair bit of attention with an rose stamped with silver ink and cut out using a circular Spellbinder die, once again the edges were distressed.  The writing area looked too perfect so I grabbed the black Pan Pastel and dabbed some on then smudged it around well with my finger and finally used sandpaper to roughen all the paper up.  Very cool and do much fun :) :) :)

Ingredients:-
  • Image -  Rose by CraftyGirl Creations
  • Colouring medium - Polychromos and Pan Pastels
  • Dies - Spellbinders circles and doilies
  • From my Stash - silver glitter spray, foam tape, distressing wheel, sandpaper, lace trim
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful Jane. It is really stunning! Hugs, Maggie, DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! That trim is so lovely. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Good luck.
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning card Jane. Love all beautiful details you did on your image just gorgeous. :D
    Hugs, your teamie from OSAAT. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi