Theme 'Anything Goes with DISTRESSING
Distressing is so much fun and with all the techniques around one is spoilt for choice. I did try something a bit new for me with this card, printing and colouring the image on vellum, it gave a fabulous effect when I distressed the edges.
Once I had printed and coloured the image and put it against the black card it was not as dramatic as I hoped it would be so I coloured the reverse side of the vellum with black Pan Pastels - much better. I then mounted this on black card and distressed the edges. Next I cut a couple of doilies, one in black and one in silver. The card shape design was done on my die cutter. Next I took a piece of black card and crumpled it all up, then sprayed it with silver glitter spray, it does not show up very well but is lovely and textured. This was then mounted on another piece of black card to strengthen it and the edges also distressed. Finally some black and silver trip and oh yes, a thinking of you sentiment stamped with silver ink.
- Image - Rose by CraftyGirl Creations
- Colouring medium - Polychromos and Pan Pastels
- Dies - Spellbinders circles and doilies
- From my Stash - silver glitter spray, foam tape, distressing wheel, sandpaper, lace trim
- Glitter n Sparkle - W, F - #182 Use a Punch/Die!
- The Corrosive Challenges - M 2nd Sunday, 3E #3 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug W,3E,SIO anything goes
- Crafting-With-Friends - 2W, 3E - (W2 of 2) Anything Goes
- Docerela Creations - 2W, 1E, Must Stamp, SIO - No. 99 - (W2 of 2) - Add Flowers
- Through the Purple Haze 2W, E3, C10 #98 Flowers (W2 of 2)
- Crafting for all Seasons - 2W, 3E - #123 Use DIe-Cuts/Punches (Week 1 of 2 )
- Melonheadz Friends Challenge - 2W, 2E, SIO - (Week 1) Flowers
- Vintage Stamping Challenges/Flonz Craft - M, 3E, Must Stamp, does not have to be vintage - (March) At least 3 Layers