Followers

Monday, May 4, 2015

SPS - Margaret Fae

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Margaret Fae by Amanda S Byron which is available from the Sweet Pea Store as a rubber stamp.  I have to admit this is not the sort of image I colour but oh what fun I had :) :) :)

To begin with I coloured the image with Faber Castell Polychromos colouring pencils.
 Next it was onto the card, this week I am making an easel card.  My first job was to find a suitable paper to work with.  I don't buy much in the way of design papers preferring wrapping paper and sheet of hand made paper.  I also have a few sheets of the paper often used to wrap flowers in from the florist and it was in that bundle I found just what I was looking for,  As the paper is very thin I then adhered it to some white card stock.
The sections for my card were cut with Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circles and Grand Circles.
Keeping to the colour pallet of this card I die cut some butterflies from Spellbinders Les Papillions 2 and I chalked them to match my colouring on the digi wings.
 The sentiment was die cut using Tattered Lace Antique Ovals and I added a pink peel off birthday sticker.  Again the sections were coloured with the same chalks as the butterflies.  Liquid pearls were added to finish off.
 Two of the butterflies were used for the card front and the third I attached to my fussy cut image with a piece of wire so it would appear to be flying in the air.  The image and the butterfly were then attached to the card inside in  way that they can fold flat when the card is closed and then stand up at the front of the card when opened up giving a really wonderful 3D effect.
Using Spellbinders Foliage I cut a couple of leaves out of the scraps I had left over from the circle leaf paper covered sections.  Some green natural fibre mesh, a chipboard bird, bow and pearl spray finished off the front of the card.
 And here is the card opened up


Ingredients:-
  • Image -  Margaret Fae by Amanda S Byron 
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos colouring pencils
  • Dies - Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circles and Grand Circles, Les Papillions 2 and Foliage I; Tattered Lace Antique Ovals
  • From my Stash - Liquid Pearls, pearl sprays, ribbon, chalks, green mesh, wire
I am entering into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

19 comments:

  1. Hello Mimi I love your creation it is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams, hope we see you again soon...
    Love and Hugs ~ Lady Anne xx
    Dragonfly Dreams
    Anne's Paper Dream's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous card and love the break down of how it was made! Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Catch The Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely project ! Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project, thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super floral creation Mimi and a lovely colour palette, many thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mimi, your design is outstanding! The addition of the burlap and the tissue paper was dead on! Your composition is just perfect and your use of color to create a cohesive design is well executed! Thanks so much for slipping this under our door at 613 Avenue Create! Your project will be featured on our FB page tomorrow. Please stop by to say hello and to grab your badge
    Hugz,
    Chana, Onwer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love the colors and the image is colored wonderful. I really like the butterfly and the inking. Awesome layout. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Cheers!
    Leanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! I love the delicate butterflies. Thanks for joining in at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning easel design, gorgeous colours and such fabulous details - love the butterflies!

    Thanks for joining in our challenge at In The Pink!

    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, gorgeous image and colours.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'April Showers Bring May Flowers' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable project, thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is wonderful! So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Anything Goes challenge. Wishing you the best of luck in our prize draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Lovely striking colours and great details. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper May challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Over the top beautiful , and love all the awesome details you added , a true made with love card Thanks for joining Chocolate Coffee and Cards for challenge # 90 Spring has Sprung. DT - Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Beautiful card,love the summery colours :) thank you for joining our May challenge over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous, thank you for entering this months challenge over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful project! Love the colours and design!Thank you for joining CFTC challenge:)xx Sylwia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a stunning card, I love everything about it!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you here again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi