So much fun and a almost full day project :) :) :)
I started off making the concertina base to fit inside my box
The box was painted with Gesso and then airbrushed with yellow, green and orange Promarkers to match the image I was going to used and had coloured previously. Next I raked out a sunflower rubber stamp and a couple of quote stamps and embossed with old gold embossing powder. The same was done for the front piece of card.
I had such a hard time not adding some hand made paper flowers as I so love them but this box needed to be strong and put up with lots of use so I felt adding embellishments that were not flat would end up making it look tatty in no time at all. Wonder how long it will be before I change my mind and relent hahahaha.
- Image used - Keep The Faith by Ching Chou Kuik available from Sweet Pea Stamps as a rubber stamp.
- Colour Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos for the image and Promarkers for the background and box
- From my stash - old wooden box, rubber sunflower stamp and sentiment stamps, lace, pearls, ribbon, embossing powders and metal hearts.
I am entering this box in the following challenges:-
- Artbymiran Challenge - 2W , SIO, 3E, no digital projects - No.31 - (W2 of 2) - Anything Goes
- Brown Sugar – W, E2 - No. 145 - Layers
- Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - 2W, 3E - No. 90 - (W2 of 2) - Spring Has Sprung
- Fairy Tale - 2W, 2E - No. 117 - (W1 of 2) - Corrugated Cardboard (THINK MY CONCERTINA BASE IS THE SAME AS CORRUGATED CARDBOARD)
- Fussy and Fancy - 2W - No.137 - (W2 of 2) - Lots of Flowers
- Left of Center Creative Challenges - W - No.77 - Bling
- Quick Quotes - M (first Friday of the month), E1, SIO - No.51 - May - Add a Flower or a Butterfly
- Crafting with an Attitude - M, 1stThurs, E3 - Anything Goes/Spring Fever
- Scrap & Craft Challenge -2W (1st & 3rd) 3E, (W1 of 2) #8 Lace & Pearls
- Inky Impressions - 2W, SIO - #208 Embellishments
- I love Promarkers - W - Must use Promarkers - #268 Anything Goes
- Paper Shelter Challenge - W,3E, SIO - #202 Lace
- Sisterhood of Crafters - 2W, 3E - Monochromatic See below (Week 2 of 2)
- Wonderful Wednesdays - W, SIO - Always Anything Goes
- Clear It Out W, 3E, Must use stash item - Challenge Theme: Anything Goes Stash: Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiment Designs W, 1E, SIO - Basket, Bag, Box
- Deep Ocean Challenge 2W - #103 - Flowers - (Week 1)
- Passion For Promarkers Challenge W- must use promarkers - #295 Keep Calm and Chill Out (MY CHILLOUT TIME IS SPENT COLOURING :) AFTER ALL IT IS CHEAPER THAN THERAPY HAHAHA)
- A Gem of a Challenge 2W (W1) more than one fold
- Di's Digis Designs 3E,2W,SIO(W1) load on those flowers