Hello folks. We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.
Theme 'Starting New'
Our sponsor this week is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with $9 to spend in the store. To win this prize you MUST use a digi from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. A second prize of $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet will be given to an entrant who does not use a SB product.
This week I had the opportunity of choosing a digi from Barbara Jensen and I opted for Red Riding Hood.
With our challenge being Starting New, I thought I would do something really different for a change. It all stems from a friend on another DT, Samara, who I now seem to have a pact with lol - to try more 'dark' creations. Now I know dark cards are not everybody's cup of tea but I am getting a little fed up with 'cute' and want to explore some other avenues. I hope you are not offended by this card, it really is not my aim to offend, just create. My poor family are going to be the guinea pigs this year so I wonder if they will still be talking to me in twelve months time hahahahahahaha. This card is for my youngest daughter but I will have to wait till September to get her reaction. Think the hardest 'dark' card to make will be the one my Mum gets, that is certainly going to be interesting!!!!!!!
For this card, I first chose to use red card in keeping with the red cloke of the digi which I planned to use, then I matted a second layer with black glitter paper. Next I coloured the fabulous digi with Promarkers and then added a bit of gold to the lace areas with my gold pen. I then used clear embossing powder for the corset, tops of stocking and wristbands to give a wet-look effect. Finally I fussy cut around the outside. I then printed the text on matching card to the base layer and cut it out with my Spellbinder Grand Circles. I attached the text circle to the card and then attached the colourd digi on top with foam tape. For a bit of bling I used Stickles in various areas and Black Liquid Pearls.
- Red Hammer card from Craft Creations
- Digi - 'Red Riding Hood' by Barbara Jensen
- Promarkers - cool grey 3, 4, 5, wallnut, burnt sienna, cocoa, cinnamon, caramel, ginger, ivory, crimson, berry red, poppy, lipstick red, heatwave, pale pink, oasis, gold, sunflower, mustard, tulip yellow, black and blender; Metallic - Black and Gold, Flex Markers - dusky pink, blush, champagne and linen
- Black and Gold Stickles
- Black Liquid Pearls
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Alphabet Challenge - X for X-traordinary (extraordinary as in a very different birthday card lol )
- Card Making Mamas - Anything Goes
- 4 Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
- Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
- TTCRD - Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Challenge2 - Anything Goes
- Milk Coffee Challenge - Celebrations
- Charisma Cardz - Birthdays
- Art Impressions - Expect the Unexpected! Use something from your stash! (the unexpected is getting a card like this from me - not in my comfort zone at all lol. From my stash I used the black glitter paper I have had for a couple of years)