Followers

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fairy GunGun

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #196

Theme 'Use A Digi'


The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a complete set of digi images that the team used in challenge #194. To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store. Runner up prize for person using none store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. So everyone can win something ;O).

For this weeks design I worked with the image chosen by my teamie Deborah, 'Fairy GunGun' by My Heart Pieces.  For a change I made a note pad holder, something I can tuck away as a wee pressie for somebody :) :)

For the note pad holder, I first measured the size of the paper which would be used and then added a bit more.  Next I added 1cm to each side and cut.  I scored the 1cm sides, trimmed the corners and then folded them.  When all the sides were folded and in stuck in place I then used one of 8 1cm strips I had previously cut  with the dp and placed it on one of the outside edges.  This I repeated until all sides were covered and also did the same on the inside.  When the box was completed I cut an area out of the front so it becomes easy to get a note paper out and then stuck it to the base with double sided tape.

The digi was printed and coloured with promarkers and then cut with another Spellbinders Die - Adorning-Squares-7.  I used navy blue card as my base to work with and covered the front and rear of the card with dp I have had for ages. Next, using Spellbinders Grand Nestibles 1 and again navy card I made the large front base which I the added corners cut with the same dp I used before, This was then embossed for a bit of texture. Next I used more navy card for  the topper and added the prepared digi which I finished off with Ice Stickles on the wings and regular Stickles for the flowers.  The design needed a bit of something else, I tried lace but that didn't work nor did ribbon or bows so in the end I settled for Spellbinders-floral flourishes.  The final bit of embellishing was to add a few flowers in the same colours as the dp used, some burgundy pearls I have at hand and some flowers on the base in the same colours as the dp.   This was a bit of a prototype and seemed to take me ages but I think I have the hang of it now so next time hopefully it will be more successful :) :) :)


Ingredients:-
  • Blue card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Fairy GunGun' by My Heart Piece available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet
  • Dies - Spellbinders Die - Adorning-Squares-7, Grand Nestibles 1 and Floral Flourishes
  • Promarkers - Maroon, cerise, pink carnation, gold, soft lime, primrose, grey green, olive green, raw sienna, cocoa. Flex Markers - blush, dusky pink and linen
  • Stickles, pearls, flowers etc from my stash
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

17 comments:

  1. Wow, the deep blue of your base card has given such a beautiful impact to the light fairy colours of your image and beautiful die cut mount. I love the subtle interest of your embossing too.

    This note paper holder will make a lovely gift ....It will look lovely on someone's desk or by the telephone .....no more searching for a piece of paper for that all important note when it is stored in such a pretty and eye catching way. You really have made a beautiful job of this project treasure. Lots of love xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty with the coloring & creation into a note pad holder. Like all the dies used & embellishments.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning creation. The colours are so vibrant and lovely. That image is just darling too. Your colouring is amazing as always.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - such stunning colours, and so practical too. A perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect little gift for someone and the colours are gorgeous. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty, Jane!! Great idea for a gift too! Thank you for playing with us at A Creative Need!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card and I love the colors you have used.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shape of the frame and the embossed layers. The flourish is another lovely detail too.

    Victoria OSAAT teamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea these are always useful and this is also pretty too,and love the cute fairy image and die-cut frame and flourishes
    Carol (osaat)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome creation love the idea and great colours too. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea and it looks so stunning - whoever you end up giving it to will be really chuffed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your note box turned out so pretty. I totally love the colors you used on it and the spellbinder flourishes look wonderful. your coloring of the image is just amazing, so elegant. :D
    What a fab present to give to someone. I am totally gonna try to make this little note box.
    Deborah OSAAT DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh what a lovely little gift - I love anything like this and would have a desk full of them if I could (lol). Great little image and those colours are to die for!!! A brilliant creation Jane.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx OSAAT teamie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! Love the deep colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Promarkers this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you made the green behind the image, looks fantatic! Great colourd and a very pretty card!

    Thank you for joining our Anything Goes at Brown Sugar this week! Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. I love the colors you used and your coloring is amazing. Maggie - DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi