Theme 'Use A Digi'
The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a complete set of digi images that the team used in challenge #194. To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store. Runner up prize for person using none store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. So everyone can win something ;O).
For this weeks design I worked with the image chosen by my teamie Deborah, 'Fairy GunGun' by My Heart Pieces. For a change I made a note pad holder, something I can tuck away as a wee pressie for somebody :) :)
For the note pad holder, I first measured the size of the paper which would be used and then added a bit more. Next I added 1cm to each side and cut. I scored the 1cm sides, trimmed the corners and then folded them. When all the sides were folded and in stuck in place I then used one of 8 1cm strips I had previously cut with the dp and placed it on one of the outside edges. This I repeated until all sides were covered and also did the same on the inside. When the box was completed I cut an area out of the front so it becomes easy to get a note paper out and then stuck it to the base with double sided tape.
The digi was printed and coloured with promarkers and then cut with another Spellbinders Die - Adorning-Squares-7. I used navy blue card as my base to work with and covered the front and rear of the card with dp I have had for ages. Next, using Spellbinders Grand Nestibles 1 and again navy card I made the large front base which I the added corners cut with the same dp I used before, This was then embossed for a bit of texture. Next I used more navy card for the topper and added the prepared digi which I finished off with Ice Stickles on the wings and regular Stickles for the flowers. The design needed a bit of something else, I tried lace but that didn't work nor did ribbon or bows so in the end I settled for Spellbinders-floral flourishes. The final bit of embellishing was to add a few flowers in the same colours as the dp used, some burgundy pearls I have at hand and some flowers on the base in the same colours as the dp. This was a bit of a prototype and seemed to take me ages but I think I have the hang of it now so next time hopefully it will be more successful :) :) :)
- Blue card from Craft Creations
- Digi - Fairy GunGun' by My Heart Piece available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet
- Dies - Spellbinders Die - Adorning-Squares-7, Grand Nestibles 1 and Floral Flourishes
- Promarkers - Maroon, cerise, pink carnation, gold, soft lime, primrose, grey green, olive green, raw sienna, cocoa. Flex Markers - blush, dusky pink and linen
- Stickles, pearls, flowers etc from my stash
- A Creative Need - M, (freebie provided) - No. 15 - January - Die cuts/ Punches
- Brown Sugar – W, E2 - No. 77 - Anything Goes
- Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - W, 3E – No. 159 - Fancy Folds
- My Heart Pieces Digital Stamps Challenge - 2W, 3E (W2 of 2) Anything Goes
- A & T Emerald Faeries - M, PI, E3 – #51 Things with Wings
- Passion For Promarkers Challenge W- must use promarkers - #229 Just A Fairytale
- Through The Craft Room Door W, 2E, - Always Anything Goes
- Ooh La La Creations - 2W, SIO - (Week 2) Easel Card
- Through the Purple Haze - W, E3, C10 - Anything Goes