Followers

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Octopus in the Rock Pool


Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #191

Theme 'BINGO'


The sponsor this week is Creative Craft Worl with a prize of 3 ProMarkers - we can never have enough ProMarkers :) To win this prize you MUST use a digi from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.  Runner up prize for winner using none store image is o$3 to spend at our store.  So everyone can win something.  The StitchyBear Digital Outlet has over 20 creators so it really is worth popping over, you are bound to find something you would to use :)

For this card I used some fabulous vellum I have stashed away of water, the first layer was attached to the card as the background and a second layer was embossed with the SHELL BEAUTY M-Bossabilities 3D Embossing Folder then cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scallop Circle and off set in the top corner.  I cut some leaves using various dies in different shades of green vellum and placed these behind the digi.  I just love the digi I have been given a chance to work with here called Octupus Rockpool by Jacare Hope, very different and great fun to colour.  In keeping with the BINGO line I have used for this card - Blue, Dies, Green I wanted the greens to jump out so used bright colours (I have loads of blue and used lots of die so needed to equal things out lol).  I was tempted to colour the octopus green but no, it had to be red/orange, he/she is so fabulously drawn and needed to hold centre stage.  After colouring the digi I felt the octopus was was still not being enough of a show off so used Crystal Accents to add the plastic shiny effect and could not help but do one starfish too.  The digi was cut using my Spellbinder Scalloped circle die and then fussy cut the inside - ouch, that was hard!!!!!.  I also printed and cut a second copy of the digi and cut the bottom rocks out which were decoupaged and attached with foam tape.  I did come a bit unstuck when it came to the sentiment, so decided on something which could be used for many occasions  - You are so loveable, which I cut using an X-Cut tag die and sprayed with ProMarkers.  To finish off I added some raffia net and attached an anchor charm tied with another piece of raffia.


Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi -  Octopus Rockpool by Jacare Hope available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet
  • Dies - Impression Obsession Gingko Leaf, Marianne Design Branch, Spellbinders-Floral fFourishes, Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scallop Circle, X-Cut  Large Tags
  • Promarkers - 
  • SHELL BEAUTY M-Bossabilities 3D Embossing Folder
  • Glossy Accents, Vellum, mesh, raffia and charm from my stash
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/challenge-69-anything-goes.html

http://4kraftygirlzchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything Goes #6

http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/challenge-94-any-sentiment.html

http://www.ttcrd.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/through-craft-room-door-challenge-nov.html




9 comments:

  1. I've used this image in the past and it took ages to colour. I love the colours you've used and the little embellishments. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the tropical climate you are enjoying on your special holiday with those of us in chillier clime. Oh, what a bright, very cheerful card this is - I love that stunning glistening Octopus .....oh that we busy people could look so happy when we would love the benefit of eight arms to complete all our tasks. The Rock pool is awesome and I love the anchor charm and net that are so in keeping with the sea theme. A gorgeous card Treasure xxx ♥ ♥ ♥
    ps Hope you are enjoying your Kenyan Adventure .....I just love all your photographs of the wonderful wildlife xxx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright colours on this underwater card! The background is spot on!!

    Victoria (OSAAT teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card love the beautifully coloured image,all the elements and texture love the charm and the background is brilliant-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    carol DT x
    carol (osaat)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! I'm in love! That octopus is definitely front and center - those colors are scrumptious! I so like the vellum water. The mesh behind the anchor with the frayed "rope" are perfect details. You did yourself proud with this one Mimi! Thanks for sharing your project in the “Any Sentiment” Challenge.
    ~ginny, DT for Aud Sentiments
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great,it is so eye catching

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bright, cheerful card. Love all the colors and elements. Maggie OSAAT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane....WOW!!! I so love this card! The water themed vellum is fabulous and I totally love the colouring on this. The die-cuts really look like aquatic plants and those shells around your image are fabulous. Thanks for sharing this!
    Hugs from your OSAAT DT Sis,
    Tracey xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS !!! :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi