For this card I used the Spellbinder Grand Nestables Squares and used one of the middle sized to cut the aperture out of the card. I then printed the Irish blessing on yellow vellum, cut to size and embossed then stuck this behind the opening. I really wanted a translusent looking background instead of DP for once. Next I cut three copies of one of the butterflies in Teri's set - Butterflies so I could decoupage it. After colouring with Promarkers I cut the top set of wing from one butterfly and mounted onto the main butterfly, then the next layer was the body. To finish off I use bronze embossing powder as an accent. Now to assemble, I use skeleton leaves which had been coloured yellow through to orange, so glad I had them in my stash as I think they look fab, finally I added a big material flower from a bag of them I bought in some mad moment a few years ago, put in a drawer and forgot about. Flowers like these are not my cup of tea but today they served their purpose. Yes, I do like this card, different from my norm but certainly bright and great fun trying a few new things.<g>.
- Yellow cards stock from Craft Creations
- Digi - Butterflies by Delicious Doodles
- Promarkers - Burnt Orange, Ginger, Apricot, Orange, Amber, Gold, Sunflower, Tulip Yellow and Saffron
- Embossing folder - Die'sire Floral Frenzy
- Vellum, flower, embossing powder and brad from my stash