Hello folks. We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.
Theme ' Use A Digi'
The sponsor this week is The sponsor for this challenge is us .. StitchyBear Digi Outlet. The prize is... the full set of digi images that the team used for challenge # 174. To win our main prize you MUST use an image that's available in StitchyBear Digi Outlet by any of our creators.. Remember to put a # after your name so we can find you easily. You can still enter with a none StitchyBear Digi Outlet image but will be entered into a separate draw to win $3 to spend in our store.
It was my teamie Ali's turn to chose a digi for us to work with and she chose this awesome image called Artees by Barbara Jensen. I was rather daunted as to what to do with this image when I saw it, totally loved it but had no idea how to make a card with it. This is my third design, yep, it was one to design, leave a few days, come back to it and see if I still liked what I saw before I started making it. The background is made up of a collage of dies, Stickles and gems - some how that seemed to really work. Initially I was going to use all sorts of crafty items, brads, gems, glitter, material, paper - just about anything I could get my hands on and then at the last minute changed my mind to this idea which was inspired by a tiled image I had on my computer, alas I don't know who created it. I just love the colour scheme of this card and the final layout, lots going on but not fussy and therefore keeping the digi as the main focus of the card :). Once the background was created the digi was coloured with Promarkers and fussy cut then attached to the card with foam tape for added dimension. The quote is from a new book I have with quotes in it - yep handy to have around :) - Fill your paper with the breathings of the heart by William Wordsworth. It was rather amusing as flipping through the book to find a suitable quote, I was not winning, then decided to look at the front index and there was the perfect quote and the first one in the book too as part of the introduction. Yep it was meant just for this card :)
- Card - White Linen from Craft Creations
- Digi - Artees by Barbara Jensen and available at the StitchyBear Digital Outlet
- Assorted papers from my stash along with the Stickles and gems
- Dies - Cottage Cuts Bella Leafy Branch, Marianne Design Lavender, Spellbinders-Nestabilities Classic Scallop Circles
- Promarkers - Baby Pink, Blossom, Fuchsia Pink, Mulberry, Pale Pink, Tan, Chestnut, Sunflower, Pastel Yellow, Primrose, Almond, Blush, Dusky Pink, Marsh Green, Lime Green, Cobalt Blue, Tea Green, Ice Grey 1, Black and Blender. Metallics - Pink and Silver