I do so love Delicious Doodles digis and often enter their challenge, so today, I have created a card for their Heavy Metal challenge, a bit of fun and very much a challenge:)
Two other challenges I found which I wanted to enter, Bloggers and Polka Doodles required you to make you own background paper. Time to get messy and see what I could come up with. Being in the UK at the moment on holiday I don't have many of my crafty items around so I really need to think outside the box to do this. First I printed the gray background and then I used a silver metallic paint marker which I have with me. This was dabbed on a plastic bag which I then put my hand inside and paint side down dabbed and rubbed it over the gray paper I had printed. Rather like the effect, and it really was a bit of fun to do.
Next I fussy cut two of the same digi by Delicious Doodles called Celtic Frame 1. I cut one of the digi images so I could entwine them, giving the imperssion they are united (this is a Silver Wedding Anniversary card so after 25 years the wonderful couple must be two halves of the whole <g>).
The digi's were fussy cut and mounted with foam tape for added dimension. I printed the sentiment on the top right on the background paper and the lower sentiment on a separate piece of paper which was also mounted with foam tape. The hearts were created with the die from Joy Crafts called Heart. A bit of lace was used under the bottom sentiment layer and to finish, a heart button also painted with the silver paint and my latest acquisition - Perfect Pearls (know I am going to be using these a lot!!!).
- Card blank from Hobby Craft
- Digi - Delicious Doodles called Celtic Frame 1
- Backing paper - gray printed paper with silver paint pen (please see above for what I did)
- Die - Joy Crafts called Heart
- Lace, button and silver paint pen from my stash
- Delicious Doodles - Challenge No. 43- Heavy Metal (July 12)
- C.R.A.F.T. - #214 Here comes the Bride/Wedding Anniversary
- Bloggers - Create your own background (July 12)
- Polka Doodles - No.27 - Make Your Own Background (July 14)
- Card Makin' Mamas - Monochromatic (Aug 2)
- Wags 'n Whiskers - Cute as a Button (July 12)