Theme ' Use a Digi'The sponsor this week Stitchy Bear Digital Stamp Outlet with a prize of all the images the design team used in challenge #162 - WOW what a fabulous prize so come on over and join in.
This week it was Ali's turn to choose a stamp to create with and she chose 'I know I'm Cute' by Reeces Scrap Pieces.
I thought I would try something a little different and make a window card with the digi on the inside. I don't normally make cards like this as I find they can sometimes be rather flimsy but the way this one was layed out with the window to the fold side of the card it worked just fine.
So do I have a story to go with this card, alas really, except the word YUK comes to mind. When I first made this card I used a lovely blue card create the Spellbinders die cut at the bottom right. I looked pretty good until I took the photo and then the YUK appeared. The blue was totally the wrong colour and did nothing for the card except create bad karma. I left the card until the next morning to see if it was just the camera playing games with the light and took another picture. Alas the camera was telling the truth so it was back to the craft room with card in hand for surgery. I opted for the safe route and re-did the Spellbinder die in white. I think it looks much better and hopefully some wee girl will like receiving this cute card.
- White Linen card from Craft Creations
- Digi - 'I know I'm Cute' by Reeces Scrap Pieces which was fussy cut and mounted with foam tape. The head and hair were coloured twice, the second decoupaged on top of the main digi.
- Striped DP and spotted DP made by me
- Rectangle frame die cut - Spellbinder - A2 Fancy Weave
- Corner die cut - Spellbinder - Fantastic Flourish three
- Flower Soft - Heather (used for the girl to stand on and also covering a brad on the tags)
- Brads from my stash
- Gingerloft - Happy Birthday!! (June 1)
- Joanna Sheen - Girls, Girls, Girls ... (May 30)
- The Squirrel and the Fox - #44 - Here come the Girls (June 1)
- Allsorts - True Blue (May 24)
- Send a Smile 4 Kid - Pastel Colors (June1)
- Sarah Hurley - Shades of Blue (May 27)
- Southern Girls - Going Spotty Dot! (May 24)
- Rubys Rainbow - * Squares * (May 27)