Followers

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Red, White & Blue

  International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over and join us with you artwork :)


Challenge #137
Red, White & Blue
Our challenge theme 'Red, White & Blue' has been chosen by Chriss.


Red, white and blue are such a great colour combination.  Although I am not American I did think of doing a 4th of July card but instead opted for something a bit more random.  The digi I have coloured is a real oldie created about 9 years ago by one of our DT - CraftyGirl while we were all part of the StitchyBear DT.  I think I am feeling a bit unsettled at the moment with everything that seems to be happening in the Western world at the moment - the Boris bashing in my country, the shootings and reversal of the abortion ruling in the USA, Russia being the iron fist bully - I know Russia is not in the West but it is directly involved in something I feel deep down is so very wrong.  I should add here that is is not the Russian people who are wrong, it is the power hungry I oppose. Anyway, these 3 countries all have red, white and blue flags, all 3 need peace!!  Sorry to be a bit downbeat and political here and no offence to anybody intended, just my thinking behind the creation of this card.  

2 comments:

  1. Your card is definitely red, white and blue and the blue squares enhance it even more. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful image. I love the designs all over it and how you have colored it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi