Followers

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Mountain Biking

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #86
Blue as the Main Colour

This fortnights challenge 'Blue as the Main Colour' has been chosen by me.  I love blue, purple too, my favourite colours to wear, to work with, to just be around.  I needed a card for my DIL, she is far from girly, in the army, loves woodwork and mountain biking and she likes blue too lol.  I know during lockdown she has really missed her trips out with my daughter mountain biking so what better theme to use for her B-Day card.


This card looks much simpler that it was to make.  To begin with I found a free image of a mountain biker which I then made some changes too.  The image was then converted to an .svg file and then brought into my software - SCAL.  I then created the text and label for the card also in SCAL. A combination of hot foiling with the WRMK attachment which works in my die cutter and regular cutting for the name tag.  It is a real shame that black foil I used looks so matt in the photo, in real life you have the lovely even texture of the card that you have with stamped images but a sheen of the black so different from just using black ink.  Once the foiling was done I then used Distress Inks for the background, used a gear stamp for a bit of interest and some black dots to represent gravel and help ground the image.  My real challenge here was with the tag - first hot foil emobssing and then getting the die cutter to cut so everything was perfectly lined up, so please it worked so very well (just a matter of great care not to move anything once the foiling was done so alignment was the same when the hot foil attachment was changed for the blade).  Certainly something I will be doing again, especially when I want shaped labels which I don't have a physical die the correct size for.


I am entering this card in the following challenges : -

16 comments:

  1. My brain can't take in all the techniques you used but the card looks great. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound complicated, but it's a fabulous result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous masculine project, thanks so much for linking to TIOT, much appreciated! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card. Thanks for joining Aud sentimenst challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome technique card! LOVE that biker guy!! Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the finished look of this card - definitely worth the work you put into it. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly brilliant card! Love how you made that background! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So many different techniques and the end result is fabulous. Brilliant card .. Love how it turned out. Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly outdid yourself in the technique department! Wow. I'm sure she will love this. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so interesting to read how you created this card. It looks great. Thanks so much for joining us for the Aud Sentiments Challenge.
    Jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts xx
    https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mountain bike card. Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love that background!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card!
    Thanks for sharing your technique and playing along with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and I really love the backgrouund you have created! Thank you so much for playing along with our "Male card" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a wonderful Sunday and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi