Followers

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Zebra

The challenge this fortnight at I ❤️Promarkers is
 'Anything Goes'

and the sponsor for this challenge is IKEsART with $15 prize to spend in the store



For my DT inspiration I have used the zebra of Ike's images KRAZY KRITTERZ #1 - SET of 7.  Now I have to admit just now as much as I love colouring I am finding there are days where my concentration levels fly out the window and I just want something simple to play with and not have to think about blends, shading etc.  This image was just perfect, a really fun guy that brought lots of smiles while creating with him :) :) After the colouring and sentiment were sorted I used Pan Pastels for the background added some Flower Soft for a bit of texture where the zebra is standing.  The design paper was a fun and games, I knew I had some zebra backing paper which I bought years ago and after a few hours of hunting for it I found it was totally wrong, much too grown up and detailed for this card.  My little thinking cap needed to be put on for a few minutes to find another way to make my zebra card base backing paper.  In the end I placed a sheet of white paper on top of a piece of black paper, drew some zebra stripes and then cut both sheets together.  I then used the white sheet with the stripes cut out as my backing paper and placed this on my card then used the cut out stripes from the black paper to inlay and fill in the gaps.  Rather like how it turned out and had a lot of fun just cutting and sticking paper hahahaha. 

Promarkers used  : - black, poppy red


I am entering this card in the following challenges : -

  • Stinkin' Inkers - M, E3 - February -  Use One Or More Embossing Folders
  • Tuesday Throwdown W -   #451 Use Your Favorite Color (week 1) - FAV COLOUR PURPLE AS TO ME IT IS THE COLOUR OF EQUALITY - MADE UP OF BLUE AND PINK/RED FAMILY IT IS NEITHER MALE OR FEMALE BUT A MIXTURE OF BOTH :)
  • Always Fun Challenges - (W, 3E, Top 3 Awarded)  #150 ANIMALS
  • Dream Valley Challenges (2W, 3E, C10)#219 HAND-COLORED IMAGE (WEEK 1)  
  • Make My Monday  (2W, Top 3, 3E) #116 CRITTERS  (Week 1) 

3 comments:

  1. a brilliant image and card Ginny ♥
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super funky!!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card and I love his matching backing paper.
    Thank you for using my image and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you all.
    Hugz
    IKE

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi