Followers

Monday, March 16, 2020

We Are No Evil

Hi folks, today I am sharing a candle I have decorated using the We Are No Evil image by Aurora Wings.  I used to decorate loads of candles as gifts for folks but over the years have stopped as I feel real candles are often a fire hazard.  Recently I got hold of some battery operated candles which have a wax finish and have been playing around decorating them in the same way as I used to with wax candles.  I know I can now add more trim etc. as don't need to worry about the fire hazard side of things but for now I am just keeping the decoration simple.

For this candle I coloured the image digitally and then printed on tissue paper.  My first attempt of using tracing paper to hold the wrapper in place while heating up the candle with my heat gun to melt the wax and weld the image to it was not very successful but it worked much better when I used wax paper instead.  Still not perfect as there appears to be a very thin layer of wax between the base of the candle are which holds the battery etc. and this seems to melt very quickly.  I will try a different way in future and add the image to the area above the housing then decorate the base of the candle in a different way.  All in all though I am rather please with how it turned out.

The pics below show the candle from all sides . . .
 

and this is what the candle wrapper looked liked when I printed it and before attached to the candle

I am entering the following challenges :- 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so very cool. Super image and great colouring. LUV your candle idea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi