Followers

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Challenge #51 Make Your Own Background

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #51
Make Your Own Background


This fortnights challenge of Make Your Own Background has been chosen by Josephine.  I had so many ideas for this fab challenge but settled on doing something totally different for me.  Texture is a big part of my crafting but this time I decided on no texture lol.  Some years ago I started making a couple of art journals for my daughters, they don't know about them and although it sounds a bit morbid these are something I want to leave for my precious babies to be found as I pass to the next life.  With that being said I should add there is no hurry to finish them lol and they have been tucked away at the back of my shelf for a long time now.

My youngest daughter loves her VW van and she and her partner are constantly fitting it out to make it more comfortable for their trips away.  This summer they toured Europe in it with their two dogs as travel companions.  When I saw the Sheena Douglas VW stencil I just had to have it and this journal page was the perfect place to use it.  For the background I used Distress Oxides to try and create a land and water effect and then used silicone stamps from one of the the Creative Stamping sets which had a map background stamp, great sentiment, travel visa stamps and the signpost.  Very random stamping as I was not in the mood to think to far ahead with this creation, just let it develop in the way it chose to go.  For the VW van I used the Sheena Douglas stencil and Pan Pastels, black first and then silver which does not really show up here but when you move the page around it catches the light in different ways giving a great effect.



Challenges entered:-

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea Jane - I do hope it's many years before they get their journals. These pages look great. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi