Followers

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Dachshund




Challenge 116
Animals



Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)


What a lovely challenge to begin the year, animals, mans best friends :)  For this card I used Ike's image DACHSHUND.  I have always loved this image but only used it a couple of times as I don't know anybody with a dachshund lol.  The creation of this card was a wee bit different.  I used a famous painting for the background!!! and then modified it a bit with blurring techniques in Photoshop.  Next I added the dachshund image and printed using acetate.  The image was then coloured from behind so the card top has a wonderful shiny layer.  The colouring of the image was far from easy, using several brown shades of my Promarkers but I couldn't get any depth of colour so I then added some Tim Holtz Distress Oxides applied with a paint brush to create the shadows, not a great success but the overall card turned out OK.  Once the colouring was done I mounted it on my matting and added a copper Thinking of You peel off sentiment.

Ingredients:-
  • image - DACHSHUND by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Promarkers, Distress Oxides and digital background
  • other items - acetate and peel off stickers
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-


1 comment:

  1. How awesome ! I love the background and that acetate technique is genius but I reckon it's really hard to do ?!! Thank you for taking time to make this for me at IWC :-) xx

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi