Followers

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Pansy Birthday

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #43
NOT Clean & Simple - Layer It Up

This fortnights challenge theme has been chosen by DT sister Jennie. This challenge gave me the opportunity to make my own flowers using the Sheena Douglas Pansy Perfect Partners (stamp and die set).  I had tried it before but maybe I was not in the mood or just not daring enough but this time I went all out and just love the end result of the flowers.  OK so starting from the beginning, I coloured the card base and another sheet of paper with Distress Inks in the same colours I was using for the pansies.  I then embossed the paper sheet I had coloured and used this to place behind the die cut background.  To make the die cut background I used a repeating lattice die from Tattered Lace, a really handy die as you are not restricted to a card size.  I then made a square frame border to place on top which covers the rough edges and added a piece of lace to the bottom and pearls on the crossed over sections of the die cut.  Onto the flowers and boy, did I get inky lol but first I had to cut all the petals and leaves then stamp the images onto each section, for this I used Distress Inks. Next it was out with the Crafters Companion Inks which I have had for ages and a lovely big paint brush to paint each of the sections front and back and then an extra spray of water so they were lovely and wet.  Time to crumple them up to get some wrinkles into them and then open the sections up and bend into the shapes I wanted.  I left the sections to dry for several hours and then attached to the card font with silicone glue.  To complete the card I used a Happy Birthday sentiment die by Sarah Davies of Crafters Companion.




Image used:-  Pansy Perfect Partners by Sheena Douglas
Colouring:- Distress Inks, Crafter's Companion Aqua Tints.
Other items:- Lace, pearls, lattice die, birthday die cut, silicone glue, embossing folder

Challenges entered:-

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Jane and a lot of work. The flowers are gorgeous. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Jane, this is absolutely stunning! Love the colors and the lattice behind the image is gorgeous! Hugs, Maggie, DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous! I love the colors and I love the embossing !

    Chriss

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Distressing works so well on these flowers - they almost look real!

    Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at TIOT. I hope you'll join us again in the next challenge.

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card, the pansy flowers look beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful selection of layers to create some lovely pansy's,

    Thanks for joining us over at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is SO beautiful and the colors are gorgeous!! Thank you for joining in our Bright Colors challenge over at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at AHB, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those beautiful pansies. A wonderful creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenges.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card. You might also like to enter the Birthdays challenge at Incy Wincy Designs, CarolG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi