Followers

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Birthday Owl

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #42
The Natural World



This fortnights challenge theme has been chosen by DT sister Sall.  I love a challenge like this as for me, nature cards are always a delight to make.



For this card I went owl mad as my eldest daughter just loves owls :)  The large owl stamp is from Sheena Douglas and the smaller owls used to create the background paper and inside of the card are from  The Works.  I started by using Distress Oxides to create the backgrounds then coloured the main stamped image with Promarkers and stamped the other owls with the same Distress Oxide colours used earlier.  I had lots of fun making my own washi tape using micropore tape lol and stamped 'owl always love you' again with Distress Oxides.  To complete the card for Natasha I mounted the coloured image on black and then hand made paper, added a wooden owl embellishment again coloured with Distress Oxides and a couple of black pearls.


Image used:-  recycled magazine, coffee tin and twine
Colouring:- none
Other items:- hot glue gun and PVA glue

Challenges entered:-

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is going to love this card ! As you know I am owl crazy too.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is great Jane. I'm a day late catching up this time as I've had gardeners here tidying up the tiny garden. It's looking much better. lol Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous backgrounds! Love how you've combined the different owl images.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi