International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :). Come on over an join us with you artwork :)
This fortnights challenge theme for our DT has been chosen by me :). I have always loved the Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles, colourful and makes great use of shape. I have chosen to use the Mackintosh Rose, a stylised rose that still holds popularity today. My grandmother's maiden name was Mackintosh (another reason for choosing this rose to create with) and I hang on tightly to my Scottish routs. Her father was from a small place called Boner Bridge just north of Inverness, a true highlander :) :) :)
I started by using a die cutting design for the rose and and cut this out three times, once on black card for the background, once on silver mirror card which I then coloured loose sections with Promarkers and filled in the cut out sections of the black card with them. The third cut was on acetate so I could make a stencil for the inside of the card. I used black to cover the card base and then silver mirror card. I then embossed the black die cut rose layer and embossed it with a Mackintosh Rose folder I have. This was then attached to the mirror card layer and the areas filled in with the coloured rose sections to complete the design. Finish off with a simple layered sentiment on the front and stencilled rose design done with Distress Inks completed the card.
- Scrap and Craft Inspiration M, 1st Sat. - June - DIY Flowers
- A Vintage Journey - M - (First Friday of M) (Vintage) - JUNE - STENCIL IT
- Aud Sentiments Challenge 2W,E5 #206 Anything Goes + A Sentiment (W1 of 2)
- Seize The Birthday 2W, 3E, C5 Birthday + Option Of Anything Goes (W1 of 2)
- Shopping Our Stash W, C13 - #359 - She's A Crafting Machine (use a machine - Big Shot, sewing machine, xyron) - SILVER BULLET die cutter