Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Lloyd

I was asked to make a Father's Day card for a friend, that did not seem to be a problem until she added she wanted a Fresian horse on it.


Oh boy, that is not an image I have in my collection and knew what I was going to have to do next - go well out of my comfort zone lol.  I asked her to take a photo of the horse, Lloyd (Lloyd is deceased and the photo needed to be taken from another photo) and I would use that to try and draw one. 

As you can see the image was very dark and lacked detail unfortunately and not much time to get her to take another one so I decided to trace the horse outline and then scan my tracing so I could turn it into a digital stamp and do the resizing for the card before I printed it.  A lot of Google research so I could fill in the detail.  I coloured the image with Prismacolour pencils and the background is created with Distress Inks with some stamped trees.  The rosette is made from a die cut and the centre I foiled the text #1 DAD.  I finished off with simple mounting in black and then gold.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:-

10 comments:

  1. WOW! That was a lot of work but you did an AMAZING job! This is beautiful and I'm sure it was VERY appreciated! Well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Animal Crackers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, This sure IS AMAZING! I'm sure your friend was beyond thrilled with this gorgeous creation. You really put your heart and soul into everything you do. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Simply amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a lot of work! Hope she kiked it! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Guyz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! You did really well putting this card together to include the horse, which fits in so well. looks great! Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chains Challenges this month, Good Luck! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super gemacht!
    Danke daß du bei den Sweet Stampers mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a wonderful job on this! I'm sure your friends really appreciated all the effort you put into this card .

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an absolutely beautiful job on this card, Mimi! Very nice. Thanks for joining us this week at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning especially your colouring. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Simply Create Too Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi