Oh boy, that is not an image I have in my collection and knew what I was going to have to do next - go well out of my comfort zone lol. I asked her to take a photo of the horse, Lloyd (Lloyd is deceased and the photo needed to be taken from another photo) and I would use that to try and draw one.
As you can see the image was very dark and lacked detail unfortunately and not much time to get her to take another one so I decided to trace the horse outline and then scan my tracing so I could turn it into a digital stamp and do the resizing for the card before I printed it. A lot of Google research so I could fill in the detail. I coloured the image with Prismacolour pencils and the background is created with Distress Inks with some stamped trees. The rosette is made from a die cut and the centre I foiled the text #1 DAD. I finished off with simple mounting in black and then gold.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-
- Daisy Chain Challenges (M, P5, E3) #20 - For the Boys/Men
- Paru's Card Making Challenge (M, P1, Cards/Tags only) June - Masculine
- Sweet Stampers (M, P10, E3, use stamp or digi) #21 - Animals
- Kitty Bee Designs - 2W,2E, C10 - No.120 - MASCULINE CARDS (W2 of 2)
- Simply Create Too - M - JUNE - No. 139 - FOR A MALE
- Sisterhood of Crafters - 2nd/4th Wed, 3E - Animals (W1 of 2)
- Cardz 4 Guyz 2W, 3E - #196 - Father's Day (week 2)
- Stinkin' Inkers - M, E3 - June - The Guys Have It
- Unicorn Challenge M, E3, No fully digital projects June - #33 - Masculine