To begin with I heated the bag up to soften the glue and then unassembled it without causing any damage. Next I used a Sheena Douglas stamp and stamped the border all around the bottom edge. One thing I had not thought about during all my excitement was the folds in the bag shape grrr, they did not want to stamp properly but although they are still noticeable they are not immediately obvious. Next problem was the type of paper the bag is made from, rather waxy and I kept getting ink where I did not want it. As we all know, crafters are great at covering up mistakes lol, so I added a few butterflies and then used some black spray ink to add splattered background. Kinda cool so i am a happy bunny. I Ladybug image was printed twice (I wanted the wings from one of the images to be a second layer to the image to add a bit of dimension). I coloured both sections with Prismacolour pencils which hubby has just treated me to, not sure what I think of them as I just love my Polychromes. These pencils are very very soft and do give a beautiful smooth finish but I can't see them lasting very long!!!!!! Colouring all done and time to fussy cut the lady bug and her wings. The wings were attached with foam tape at the bottom edge and flat at the top edge so in reality you can see how they are lifting away from the coloured image, hard to show on the photo grrrr. With the ladybug all ready she was glued to the bag. Next I die cut a With Love sentiment and found some ribbon hiding at the bottom of my box which was perfect to make the bow. I added the bow to a doily die cut and glued this to the bag handle with silicone glue. Finally I added a tiny ladybug embellishment just above the bow.
Side view of bag showing stamped border all round.
Black medallion with bow and tine ladybird used to finish off the bag handle.
- AuroraWings Challenge - #66 BLACK OR WHITE (WITH OR WITHOUT A SPLASH OF COLOR)
- Fussy and Fancy - 2W, E3, C10 - No. 210 - ADD A DIE CUT (W1 of 2)
- Cardz 4 Galz 2W,3E #69 Black & White +1 Bright Colour (W2 of 2)
- Sunny Day Crafting - W, #16 - Bugs and Insects
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies (M, P1, E5, must have a critter) #13 - Anything Goes with a Critter
- ARTastic Challenge (M, P1, Winners P8, C0 except for sketch) April - Photo Inspiration + Black and White + one other colour *see below