Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Floral Birthday

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #31
Paper Piecing

This fortnights challenge them has been chosen by DT Maggie.  I know paper piecing has been around for ages but it is something I have never tried before so thank you Maggie for this awesome challenge theme, I had a ball.  I guess the reason I have not done it before is due to lack of stamps (I have a huge collection of digital but only recently started using rubber and cling more often).  I know our lovely printed craft paper can be used  in the printer but I find is a nuisance to have to use a new sheet each time and I hate that lol so don't do it hahaha. 




For my easel card I used a fusion stamp by Sheena Douglas which I thought would look really cool for paper piecing. The stamp is Folk Chrysanthemum Stamp.  2 types of purple patterned paper were use and one patterned green paper.  The background was created simply with distress inks and the same was used for the writing area on the card.  To finish off I added 3 mauve crystal gems and then decorated the envelope to match.  

Close up of the paper pieced flowers.

I have some lovely Birthday ribbon in cream and it holds the Promarker ink wonderfully retaining the text in a different tone.  I coloured the ribbon with a suitable green and added it to the inside of the card to help reinforce the height to hold the card shape when opened.





Challenges entered:-

6 comments:

  1. That image is beautiful and your paper piecing is perfect. Love it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, your card is stunning. Lovely idea to paper piece a floral image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely card with lovely colours and image. Thanks for joining us over at TPS challenges.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, Jane. So original to paper piece a flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Pattern Paper Challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi