Aurora Wings has a fun challenge on the go this month and I just had to participate so here is my entry. The challenge theme is Bingo and I have followed the left hand column - Purple, Green, Black and doubled that up with the themes of this column too - Lace or Doily, Flowers, Ribbon or Bow.
For my card I used the gorgeous image of a wee boy fairy sitting amongst the leaves and gazing into the distance - Forgotten Summer which I thought was rather appropriate as with all this snow Summer certainly feels forgotten.
I printed the image on black card and then used silver foil to foil it making the lines more visible for colouring. The image was coloured with Polychromes and the berries (which don't show well here) are purple Stickles. I then used Pan Pastels in 3 shades of purple to try and create moon (or black sun lol) rays and finished off with a quick blast of Crafter's Companion Silver glitter varnish. The doily was is a section of a die cut to which I added sequin flowers, green pearls and silver stamped sentiment which seemed perfect to go with the digi. I finished of with a purple bow then matted the top layers onto green then purple paper before attaching to a black card blank. Such a fun card to do and a first for me to try colouring on black. Hope you like it.
Challenges entered :-
- Aurora Wings Challenge #64 BINGO!
- Craft-Dee BowZ (M P1, E3, project must have hand-made bow) Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow.
- House of Cards (M P1, must create card) February - Use Coloured Pencils on a dark background and/or Colors *see below
- Craftaholics R Us - W, #9 - Sequins
- Dream Valley Challenges - 2W, 3E, C10 - #173 THINGS WITH WINGS (Week 2)