Followers

Sunday, November 12, 2017

The old oak tree

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #21
AUTUMN COLOURS


A simple but effective creation.  I was in the mood for stamping a silhouette image and have had this Sheena Douglas stamp for a while and not used it so today it saw the light of day.  I know I said simple but the trials and errors I had making the background ended up taking me a good 2 hours lol.  I first tried on some stamping card I got on my holidays down under several years ago (with being a useless stamper I hardly used this rather nice card so most of it has spent the last 7 years hiding away).  Anyway, one side of the card is shiny and the other matt and I had no idea which side to use.  Opting for the shiny side I set to work with distress inks and WOW what a result, mega interesting.  Then came the stamping and using a stamping tool to get everything position just right I moved on.  Grrrrrr, the shiny side of the paper kept sticking to my stamp and pulling it off the stamping too.  First attempt in the bin.  Then I tried again and I have no idea what I was playing at but that ended up in the bin too.  They do say 3rd time lucky and using my cheap white card I stopping trying to be so careful I succeeded.  So simple in reality and without the hiccups I would agree.  With such a beautiful tree and the vivid autumn colours I decided on the most minimum of embellishments, 3 black gems, just could not resist putting them on hahaha.  

Challenges entered:-

18 comments:

  1. I love trees and with this beautiful background the tree looks perfect. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you certainly came up with a lovely result after all that trial and error. It is frustrating when you have a vision in your head that doesn't want to come out on paper! LOL. I LOVE the sentiment. I have had to learn this the hard way over the past two years!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background and fabulous tree stamp and sentiment! WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Blog, Feeling Fallish Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL background for your tree! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Feeling FALLish’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning tree and a really gorgeous backing making one super card.
    Thank you for joining our 'Colours of Autumn' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully rich and vinbrant backdrop to the lovely silhouette tree, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely scene you've created, I love the silhouette of the trees!
    Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our Autumn Colour Palette challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Not many times does a card make me stop and really think about what it says, but this one is so vibrant and the sentiment so true...Love it! Thank you for joining us this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always a sucker for trees, but this is just striking. Thanks for sharing about that challenge-- never heard of it and I'm going to go visit, and thank you for visiting SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning card, beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining my theme at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the autumnal colour scheme - the bright colours are a wonderful contrast to the black of the silhouette. Beautiful card and beautiful sentiment - thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT, Emma (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card! thank you for sharing with us at Quick Quotes this month!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully created! Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card! Great use of Fall Colors! Thanks for joining our monthly challenge over at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, love the fall colors. Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi