Followers

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

London cake box




Challenge 102
Anything Goes With an optional twist Cakes

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Cakes, cakes, cakes - should one bake for this challenge or, should one buy a cake and decorate it, possibly, I don't know hahahaha.  I think I opted for the easy option here and decided to make a box of a slice of cake to go into, it saves cooking which I hate.  I had planned on one of those old 99p frozen cream sponge cakes but could not find one in good old Tesco so ended up with a lemon flan thing that looked edible.  Apart from it having sat in my fridge for a week as I seemed to have been caught up in family stuff and only had time now to take the photo so the pastry base is somewhat soggy the topping was quite nice, tasted like a good quality lemon curd, perfect for a late breakfast hahaha.



Anyway, I used the image London and coloured it digitally.  It is a great collage image of what London visitors like to see, have to admit I have not been back to London for 36 years and have no plans to return !!!! I hate the place, give me open space, countryside, wildlife (not the 2 legged homo-sapian sort) any day :) :) :).  Once the image was coloured I then used another piece of software to make it into a 'tile' and then using Photoshop created my tiled London paper.  Great fun and certainly kept me quietly occupied while in my relaxing chair watching TV one evening.

This is the image I used - London by IKEsART

And here is my made digital paper having coloured the image and created it into a tile.


The paper was printed and used to cover a die cut cake slice box I made.  A flag was made to add to the top of the box with a suitable sentiment which in this case is suitable for the challenge option them and not in the least suitable for the contents of the box. Oh well, I think this is the perfect time for the old saying - You can't have your cake and eat it Ike!!!!!!! hahahahaha

Ingredients:-
  • image - London by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Digital paper
  • other items - Lemon tart!!!!, gold peel off line stickers and a toothpick.
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun piece and the lemon tart looks good too. Thanks for sharing this project with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW !!! Absolutely awesome :-) I would love to have that paper. (Perhaps we could turn it into a mini set like in Coosty ????? )
    The cake box is amazing and the yummy looking cake. I haven't been back to London for many years either and have never seen The Eye or something allegedly called The Gerkin !!!!?:
    I much prefer country and open spaces too :-D
    Thank you so much for making this for me at IWC.
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cake box! I love the way you colored and it looks great! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What a fabulous cake slice box, who would not love to receive this, especially with a lemon flan inside.Your digital paper - wow! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Happy Crafting
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous project and I love your designer paper. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your box. Neat idea. Thank you for joining us at Craft Cardsmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, now I want cake,thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday this week.
    Julie DT
    http://pumpkinbellycards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi