Followers

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Peony Corner


Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 70
Travel/Holidays


Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Now as we all know, females going on holiday are not much good at travelling light (well I am not anyway, I head to the UK with light luggage but boy, returning to Saudi it is fingers crossed at check in hahaha (nothing sinister in my luggage, just lots of craft or equine stuff :) ).  And so, for this challenge it had to be a case I made, truly representing me and my travels.  This case is also more travelled that you might think!!!!!  I started the project just before returning to the UK for a few weeks and did not manage to get it finished so it ended up going in the real suitcase as I guessed I would need a project or two to distract me while overseas.  Alas, time did not allow much in the way of crafting at all, a couple of easy cards but nothing that required any real concentration was all I managed.  That meant this wee case had a 6 week hibernation in the real suitcase and then returned to Saudi - a total of nearly 10,500 kilometres :) :) :) 

I found a template for the suitcase which I then cut on my die cutter using an A3 piece of card, the image was printed to fit the front of the case and attached. Everything was then coloured with Spectrum Noir inks, first problem, the inks coloured very differently on the two paper types grrrrrrr.  I then started colouring the peony flowers with Polychroms and gave up hahahaha. It was at this point the case was placed in the real case for the long journey.  Back in Saudi and unpacking eventually done (not something I like doing and tend to only unpack as I need things lol) and put the brain into action to work out how to balance the colouring of the case with the front panel which was eventually solved by air brushing with Promarkers.  Out with the Polys again and finish the colouring then use a gold pen for the dots and leaves.  The tag was made with a new die I got and stamped with a suitable sentiment, this was then attached to the case with some chain and held together with a wee brad.  The handle, before I forget, was covered with some matt gold paper.



Ingredients:-
  • image - Peony Corner by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Promarkers, Polychromos, SN inks
  • from my stash - gold stamp pad, gold pen, chain, brad, sentiment stamp
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

10 comments:

  1. So AWESOME !!! I just adore the colours and this is a beautiful creation. Very clever :-)
    I am so with you on the unpacking... I'm ok going it's just the washing and putting it all away when I get back I hate !!! LoL
    Thank you very much for making this for me at IWC .

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow very differant. Well done you.
    Thankyou for entering into our Whoopsi Daisy Challenge
    Lesley DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing project, you did a great job of balancing the colours and the flowers look fabulous. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boot Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great suitcase, love the colours. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an awesome project! Love the colours and all the embellishments ;o) Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge Up Your Life for our "Travels" challenge! Happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning projects. Love the colours. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely project Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge
    Sue DT
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous project, thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you again next time. Best wishes, Margaret DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi