Hello folks. We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.
Theme 'Seeing Red'
Our sponsor this week is Creative Craft World with a prize of 3 Promarkers. To win this prize you MUST use a digi from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. A second prize of $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet will be given to an entrant who does not use a SB product.
This week I had the opportunity of choosing a digi from one of our newest creators - Scrappers Delight, totally awesome artwork and a difficult choice I can tell you. In the end I opted for 'Winter Elf', after all, saying as I was planning on making a bag, what could be more perfect than a red bag, red and white coloured digi with a Christmas theme for our Seeing Red challenge :)
I used a design paper from the Coosty Creations Poinsettia digital stamp pack as my background and placed the digi on top then printed. The digi was coloured with Promarkers then Silver Fleck embossing powder and White Lace Stickles applied to the white areas instead of colouring with shades of grey and Christmas Red to the shoes. I created a tag with the same backing paper which I digitally applied text to. Rummaging through my ribbon stash I found what I think is just the perfect ribbon for this project and applied this around the top of the bag. Next I found some red sparkly tulle stuff which I folded into fan shapes and attached to the bag. Finally I mounted the label on old gold (well I guess it is old in two senses, had it for a while lol and 'old gold' colour' ) paper and attached to the bag with foam tape.
Close-up of digi
- Digi - 'Winter Elf' by Scrappers Delight
- Promarkers - Sunkissed Pink, Cocktail Pink, Lipstick Red, Poppy, Crimson, Buttercup, Saffron, Honeycomb
- Flex Markers - Dusky Pink and Blush
- White Lace Stickles
- Silver Fleck and Christmas Red Embossing Powders
- Bag, lace and ribbon from my stash
- Hiding in my Craft Room - Holiday Colours (Dec 14)
- Card Crafters Circle - #104 Celebrations (Dec 14)
- Stamping for the Weekend - Use Red (Dec 21)
- Totally Papercrafts - #196 - Anything Christmassy But a Card
- I Love Promarkers - For a Child (Dec 10)
- The Crafters Cafe - #40 Red and Lots of it (Dec 10)
- C R A F T - Christmas (Dec 12)