Followers

Sunday, August 14, 2022

The Colours of Fruit

  International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over and join us with you artwork :)


Challenge #140
The Colours of Fruit

Our challenge theme 'The Colours of Fruit' has been chosen by Jennie.


I was wondering what to do for this card and then at some stupid time in the morning the light in my head switched on ROFL.  Needing some chair time while my body woke up I set to colouring the Candle Poe image digitally.  Normally I just use a regular paint brush for colouring but this time I tried the charcoal brush and just used black paint with varying densities of opaqueness.  I did switch back to a regular paint brush for the skin and candle as I wanted those bits smooth and added colour for the candle stick and candle.  I saved the image as a transparent .png and then finished off the card design in Illustrator where I added the colour backgrounds behind each Poe image giving the overall effect of an Andy Warhol look.  I just love how this creation has turned out, so different from my usual and great fun to do too :) 

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant, well done. No more words. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card for Dad I love what you have done here
    Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fantastic my friend. I have been to Poe's house a few times, it's very cool.
    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi