Followers

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Santa's Mail Box

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #98
Anything Goes with a Bow

This fortnights challenge 'Anything Goes with a Bow' has been chosen by CraftyGirl.

What an epic project this has been.  I have struggled for ages thinking what to do with a bow on it and I really did not feel like making a Christmas card as they are something I don't tend to give out these days.  In all the years I have been on design teams I have never missed a challenge but I was very close to missing this one - the stress was not worth it.  Then last week I was asked to make a Santa Mail box for the Morrisons supermarket in our area and it all fell into place - gold bows on the reindeer.  Sorted and 2 birds with one stone so to speak.  The Mail Box was designed by hubby and me and then I sorted all the graphics.  It was then the super big job of cutting the wood and elements with the laser, sanding, painting varnishing etc.  Three days in the assembly and I finished this 2 days before it was collected by Morrisons ready to go in their store tomorrow (yes, I am writing this post before the post date lol).  To show the size of the box I have taken a photo of my coffee cup beside it, the biggest thing I have made to date and took 10 600mm x 400mm sheets of 3mm birch laser ply to complete it.  The box is double thickness so in effect 2 boxes were made.




 I am entering this card in the following challenges : 


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi