Followers

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Foiled Owl

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #67
Things With Wings


This fortnights challenge Things With Wings has been chosen by me, a nice easy theme with lots of different options from birds and flying bugs through to angels and aeroplanes.

For this card I used the We Are Memory Keepers foil quill which fits perfectly onto my Silver Bullet.  I love the effect of foiling and invested in the heat foiling dies but so far, for the text, I am finding what has been manufactured very large and really wanted the ability to make smaller text in heat foil.  The foil quill certainly solves this for me.  I used an svg. design for the background from Monica's Craftroom and then found a free colouring page of a owl which I then re-drew on Illustrator so I could get the very fine lines I wanted.  Next was a couple of hours doing the foiling and keeping my fingers crossed it all worked out.  This card was created for my eldest daughter who has just graduated her Level 5 foundation degree which she has been doing part time while also working and bringing up her son.  Hubby and I are so very proud of her, it has been a real juggling life experience for her to keep a balance between her son, work and study.  Next year she will be doing her level 6 and so another card will be needed when she graduates with her full degree.



Challenges entered:-

2 comments:

  1. Well done Natasha and well done Jane on a beautiful card. That owl is great. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi