Followers

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Ruby Bubble Trouble

I am joining you today with my very first creation for the I ❤️Promarkers Design Team. When I first started colouring several years ago and was on one design team I used to set myself my own wee challenge each week or so and head over to Paper Playful to find challenges that would fit in with my 'enter 5 challenges' plan.  I would choose 5 challenges,  a colour challenge,  a Promarker challenge,  a sentiment challenge, an embellishment challenge and one other then I would make a card that would fit the 5 challenges.  Always a bit challenging but great fun and it was a super way to focus in the early days when the craft world felt like a very big place and rather daunting at times :).  I never dreamed in those days I would be on this awesome team and feel very privileged to be here now.

The challenge this fortnight at I ❤️Promarkers is
 'One For The Girls'
and the sponsor for this challenge is Bugaboo Stamps with $12 gift code for the Store 

For my design creation I have used the Bugaboo image Ruby Bubble Trouble after all, which girl does not like a lovely bubble bath to ease the aches and pains of the day and a glass of wine (or in my case coffee) to make the whole experience one of total delight :)



I have coloured the image with Promarkers (now that was a bit daunting as it is ages since I only used Promarkers on an image lol) and used Pan Pastels for the background.  The image layer was then cut and mounted on black.  Next I created the sentiment layer and lacy border using a Tattered Lace die and the HB2U stamp from Creative Stampers magazine.  I then coloured the sentiment circle and lacy border with the same Promarker used for Ruby's towel.  Next I coloured a bit of card with, you guessed it, the same pink Promarker and then embossed this using Crafter's Companion snake skin die as it at the effect of random bubbles lol.  Finally I mounted all the layers onto my card blank which I covered with a gelli print background I made a while ago and also looks a bit like bubbles.

I am entering this card in the following challenges : -

7 comments:

  1. A wonderful card and welcome to the team Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team, I love this. Really like the sentiment in the bubbles.
    Hugs Sheryl I 💖 Promarkers teamie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun birthday card! Love the image and how you did the sentiment as well. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute ... sure to bring a big smile! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun card Mimi. Love Bugaboo digi stamps. Thanks for playing along with this months theme at AAA Birthday. Pip DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing colouring to match that fabulous digi image. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card!! Love the sentiment..Thank you for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi