Followers

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sisterhood

It seems like ages since I have had a chance to sit down and colour, life has been somewhat busy over the last year :) :) :).  This card has been made for my daughter's birthday, she loves owls :).  The digi stamp used is Sisterhood by Aurora Wings.


I challenged myself with this card and only used Polychromos, I do love my crayons so much but find it very hard to colour large areas with them.  To give some texture to the background I clear heat embossed using a small heart stamp.  The only other bits of embellishment are the addition of liquid pears and some lace, after all, an image like this really should hold centre stage I think :)

Challenges entered :-

  • Aurora Wings - Challenge #54 Fur and Feathers
  • 2 Crafty Critter Crazies (M, P1, E5, must have a critter) - Anything Goes with a Critter
  • Country View Crafts' Challenge (M, P1) July - Things with Wings
  • As You Like It Challenge 2W,E3 Do you prefer pearls or gems  (and Why) (W2 of 2) - It really does depend on the card and who it is for.  Pearls would be my choice over gems as I love the look of them, classy, reflect light beautifully and smooth to the touch.  Although I use plastic pearls a lot of the time I love Liquid Pearls and find them so versatile.  
  • Through the Purple Haze 2W, E3, C10 #129 Anything With Wings (W2 of 2)

7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous image and beautifully coloured. I'm sure your daughter will love it. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning and the pearls are perfect for her pretty headdress. Thank you for joining in at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous job you've done with Sisterhood, Mimi! Gorgeous color palette and I love what you've done with the background. I'm sure your sister will be thrilled. Thanks so much for joining our Fur and Feathers challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! What an amazing creation with those fantastic colors! Everything about your beauty says, "Magical. Loveliness. Nature." I love it. So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for joining us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love the owls image, and well worth the effort of colouring with pencils. Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning take on this image, Mimi! Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous. I love how you breathed in life and brilliance to this image with your colored pencils. Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings Challenge! Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW !! That is so awesome and your colouring is divine :-) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi