International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).
Challenge #5 - Distressing
Why is it that the brain goes into overdrive at times, you look around your craft room and the ideas bouncing around mean you end up getting nothing done hahaha. That was the case with this card :) There are so many distressing techniques, so many ideas to try but try to focus, well enough said. In the end I used Distress Inks, distressed torn paper, and sanded the embossed leaves to distress them too. The leaves and swirl were cut from some Gelli printed paper I had made a while ago, the flower from a scrap of material I happened to find on the chair (no idea how long it had been there as I don't use material very often so I guess this was one of those things that grew legs and placed itself there as it was perfect for what I was doing lol). The torn paper is from a book I am busy using for a journal, with a several year project that started well then got put to one side. There is a bit of the sentimental going on with this card, my Mum has Alzheimer's and I make her a card each week to cheer her up. She is an amazing lady (hence the sentiment) and one of my very special best friends. Seeing her deteriorate is so hard but hanging onto memories makes each day special and so the memories brad in the centre of the flower was the finish touch to this wee creation for her.
- A Bit More Time to Craft (2W, P1/15, E3) Always Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges (2W, P15/last day of the M) #112 - Anything Goes + Option: add Flowers
- Eclectic Ellapu - (M, P1, 2E, JFF) April - Shabby Chic or Vintage
- Creative Fingers - 2W , 3E, No totally digital projects - No.127 - (W1 of 2) Anything Goes
- That's Crafty! Challenge Blog - 2W, E3, Prize only for UK residents, Top 3 open to all - (W1 of 2) Foliage an Flowers
- C.R.A.F.T. W,5E #409 Create Your Own Embellishments
- Southern Girls 2W,1E,C10 156 Use A Die Cut (W2 of 2)
- Everybody-Art-Challenge 2W - #399 - Handmade Flowers (week 2)
- Inky Chicks 3W, 3E, cards & altered items - #80 - Flowers - stamped or embellishment (week 3)