Followers

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Maasi Warrior

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 79
Anything Goes or add a TWIST .... MODERN or VINTAGE

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

A very speedy card for this first challenge of 2017 - Happy New Year everybody, hope you all have had a magical Christmas holiday and send you bundles of love that 2017 is an awesome year for you :)

Yep, this really is a speedy card, time is a little short at the moment hahahaha.  I was so excited when I saw the Africa Set by Ike, Africa is the home in my heart having lived for many years on the magical continent.  For this card I hunted through my photos and have used an image I took recently in the Masai Mara (which I thought would be perfect for the image Maasai Warrior) of one of the many beautiful sunsets seen on a regular basis.  I added the image (png version) and coloured this digitally.  The saying was found on a general net hunt but I have no idea who it is by - it is very true though, there is something magical for so many people about the African Continent that when you place you feet on the land and smell the air (especially when it rains) you have warm fuzzy feelings of belonging within you - that is what happens to me anyway hahaha and I know some folks who will say the same even though they have only visited once :)

I added a few plant life border die cuts just to remove the flatness of this card, a bit of dimension always helps. Now I must apologies for the shortness of this post and I must dash off again, got a wedding to prep for in 3 days time :) :) :) (no not mine, my daughters) and still recovering from last nights New Years Eve party :)  Hugs for now everybody and keep smiling :)

Ingredients:-
  • image - Maasai Warrior by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - digital
  • from my stash - background photo, red mulberry paper
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm just dibbing in and out of a few blogs and I've seen this one! Absolutely striking, I love those colours - would definitely love to go there. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - he looks amazing against that stunning background. I knew this set would appeal to you - having lived there and with your deep connection to Africa. I tried to do it justice :-)
    Thank you for making this for me at IWC :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi