Followers

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Love Letters

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 63
EMBOSSING

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

I so love embossing lol, think it is because cards are so touchy feely with embossing on them.  For this challenge I decided to try and make a very simple card with mega amounts of embossing, that worked fine but boy, trying to photograph it with all the white gave me several headaches so I apologise now for the outcome.


I used the image 'Love Letters' and added a sentiment then printed and coloured using Promarkers and Polychromos, finishing off with a gold pen and some Stickles.  Next I cut the image using Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Squares.  To emboss the background I used and Embossilicous folder and my trusty hammer as I did not want the sentiment or the image to be embossed lol.  Next I cut the brown layer and embossed this using a rubber stamp and gold heat embossing powder.  For the card base I used the same embossing folder as earlier .  The final touches - heart die by Sizzix which was cut using the brown card and again stamped and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  Next the mistake grrrrrr, I added some more gold Stickles and blob - one ugly blob amongst the neat ones.  What to do, I tried tidying it up, no joy, I tried removing it, no joy.  In desperation or many annoyance I took my finger and smudged all the Stickles into the background and then added some more gold embossing powder and heat embossed.  Well I could say it was meant to be but hay ho, accidents happen :) :) :) Each of the layers were attached with foam tape.

Ingredients:-
  • image - Love Letters by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Promarkers, Polychromos Pencils
  • dies - Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Squares, Sizzix double heart
  • from my stash - Stickles, foam tape, gold embossing powder
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

1 comment:

  1. Super beautiful - such a gorgeous way to colour it and the embossing is amazing :-D Thank you very much for making this for me at IWC :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi