Ike has been at it again :) :) This time a wonderful creation of sea-life images, great for all those fishy creations you need to make and a great change from mermaids lol.
To show off all the images I decided a candle would be a great way to go and I have not made a candle for ages. To begin with I used the .png types of all the images and overlaid them on an underwater background.
Next I coloured the images with Faber Castell Ploychromos crayons. I do love these for colouring my candle images. Colouring with Promarkers was really difficult on tissue paper but these work great and retain their depth of colour.
Once the image was coloured and my head had recovered from the assault I set about attaching the tissue wrapper to the candle. When I print on my tissue paper I first attach it to some thick paper with temporary adhesive spray to help it in place and make it printer friendly. I leave this backing paper on for colouring and only remove it when I am ready to place the wrapper on the candle. I then tightly wrap grease proof paper around the candle and set to work with my heat gun. The tissue paper keeps the wrapper in place and protects the image from burning when using the heat gun.
With the wrapper firmly in place I covered the bottom section of the candle with 'Sand' flower soft and added some shells. Although these are not safe to burn they are far enough away from the flame to not be an issue and the candle would be thrown away long before the wick is burnt to this area. Finally I used candle varnish, a water base varnish designed especially for candles and non-flammable to give a lovely sheen. So here is a spin around of the finished candle, hope you like :) :) :
I am entering this creation into the following challenges:-
- Come and Get It - W, Unlimited - Texture
- Outlawz - W, CAS only - CAS: Anything Goes
- Robyn`s Fetish - W - #249 Anything Goes
- That Craft Place - 2W, 1E - Anything Goes
- Artbymiran Challenge - 2W , SIO, 3E, no digital projects - No.24 - (W2 of 2) - Anything Goes
- Digitally Sweet - W, Digital images/projects - (Does not have to be 100% digital.) - No. 125 - Anything Goes
- All Crafts Challenge - 2M, 1st Monday of the month every other month, NO CARDS - (Feb/Mar) Anything but a Card
- Crafting from the Heart - W, E3 - Always Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion - W, E3 - Always Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations - 2W, tabs on top - (Week 1) Always Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - 2W - (Week 1) Always Anything Goes