Followers

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Poinsettia




Challenge 127
Looking Forward to Christmas

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Well, hard to believe this is the last challenge at IKEsWORLD this year, where has the time gone I just don't know, maybe 2019 was a year with wings on it :) :)

It is a long time since I have made a digital card so I thought for this months challenge I would get the old tablet out, relax in my recliner with a cup of coffee and go all digital.


A vintage Christmas card was the end result although the vintage thought only happened once I had played around colouring the image in Photoshop.  Not my careful sort of colouring and that is because I found an awesome oil painting brush by Kyle that just moves the paint around, and around, and around and the feeling of being a kid and finger painting was the nearest I can come to describing how I felt lol.  I do rather like the slap dash, free flowing strokes and from a distance (or with your glasses off) it looks even better hahahaha.  Once I had finished in Photoshop I saved the poinsettia with a transparent background and brought it into Illustrator, oh how I love Illustrator, my favourite program probably because I am so used to working with shapes etc. with creating a lot of my own .svg files for die cutting.  Anyway, back to what I did, first bring in some digital paper for the background, next I created 2 rectangles, 1 was white with a red border which I reduced the transparency of and the other was a red border with no fill.  These were placed on top of the base paper background.  Onto the image, drop it in place and resize.  It was now that I was thinking this looked a bit vintage so hunted on the net for how to create Vintage text and found a some great help from Graphic Burger with ready made Illustrator actions, all I had to do was change the wording and - perfect - just what I was looking for.  Rather like the end result although I don't normally with digital and may just print this up half a dozen times for quick and easy Christmas cards or use it on FB in its digital format, to wish all the folks I don't send a card to a seasonal greeting.

Ingredients:-
  • image - Xmas Poinsettia by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - digital
  • other items - 
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card love the design and the use of Kraft card Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card and I love reading about your colouring process. That sounds like a lot of fun :-) I have Photoshop elements - is that oil painting brush thingy on there ??
    Thank you for making this for me at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi