Followers

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Christmas With No Image

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #72
Christmas with NO Image


This fortnights challenge Christmas with NO Image has been chosen by our DT sister Christine.  Oh what a blast I had with this one.  I don't make many Christmas cards as neither of my daughters or hubby give Christmas cards and don't particularly like getting them (they would rather see trees growing than used for paper in this case).  I love beautiful cards which are works of art beyond the Occassion so only make a few for those so close to my heart.  In this case I found the perfect Christmas sentiment and it made me laugh and smile so much and would be perfect as a foiled sentiment which I did using the Close To My Heart foiling pen - what a fabulous addition to any craft room for those of you who work with .svg files in SCAL or MTC, and if possible any die cutter where you have access to design software.  My craft area is to die for in my opinion lol OK I am biased.  I am quite careful about what I buy and know if I did not keep the chains on I could go shopping mad so I won't buy anything unless I know I can use it more than 3 times :) :) so I have a lot of the basics - colours, medium types, plain card stock, dies, die cutter etc.  It wasn't until very recently I have branched out into rubber/polymer stamps and inks.  The one thing I could never do the way I wanted it to was foiling.  Just over a year ago hubby, on the quiet, bought me the TODO - a great machine especially for those with a very small craft area but it is a bit of a 'Jack of all trades, master of none'.  It does the foiling best of all but the sentiment dies for foiling, although stunning, are a bit big for my cards.  A couple of months ago I came across the Close To My Heart foiling pen which links to an electronic die cutter in the pen holder and runs off USB.  This sounded perfect and I invested - totally awesome and crossed the bridge on some of the things I wanted for my card making.  The text for this card was created in SCAL and the fill in option to fill in the text - this creates a crosshatch effect to the text.  Next I went to Monica's Craftroom as she has the most beautiful die cuts and so generously shares them for free - a truly generous person.   I found the triple layer doily which I have used and cut out in white and gold mirror card.  For the text area I created the centre die shape and added my text.  On cutting, I only cut the shape of this mount then replaced the blade for the hot foil tip, taped heat foil over the area I wanted to foil and fingers crossed hit the cut button again.  So pleased with how it got on.  The card covering was embossed, just for a bit of texture but nothing distracting from the die cut and sentiment.



Challenges entered:-

3 comments:

  1. This card cracks me up! It is so pretty...and then you read the sentiment!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually laughed out loud reading the sentiment - and all inside a very classy and elegant card....! Love it. Thanks for sharing your techniques and thoughts about the different foiling and machines. Than you for sharing and joining us at Cardz 4 Galz :) Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh. That is just brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi