Followers

Monday, June 16, 2014

SPS - Scarlett Holly

Sweet Pea Stamps

Hello folks, here I am again with another creation for  Sweet Pea Stamps.  Today I am sharing with you a Christmas card made using the digi Scarlett Holly by Ching Chou Kuik.  I am trying to get all my Christmas cards done before I return to the UK in June so I can take them with me and leave them with my daughter so she can forward them on at the appropriate time :) :) Last year I got caught out, DHL wanted 50 pounds to send a card from Saudi, where I am, to the UK.  Alas it was for my lovely sister but I refused to pay and the local post is not that reliable so needless to say she did not get a real card, only a photo of it via e-mail.

Anyway, back to today and here is the card.


To make the card I had planned on using my die cutter for the top lacy section but the card I wanted to use is not very tight and after two attempts I gave up and tried an experiment instead.  Using the largest circle from Spellbinders Scalloped Grand Circles I positioned the die to cut just the top off the card.
Next I used a couple of bits of dies, a holly leaf from Lea'bilities Wreath For All Seasons and another leaf from Marianne Design Craftables Flower to create the cut out lacy top.
Next I coloured the digi with Promarkers
Promarkers used
To finish off I used some Ice Stickles on the leaves for a bit of bling and a touch in the eyes too.
While that was drying it was back to the card base.  I used a rectangle of Papermania Christmas vellum and finished off with some red and green organza.
 Using Gold stamping ink I sponged the top area lightly on both the card front and the top of the inside of the card.
Time to play with a new toy.  This week my mini Bowdabra arrived and what a joy to make bows with.  If you are not a great bow maker it is worth trying this piece of equipment.  To finish off I used some gold leaves a friend gave me from a box of chocolates (she ate the chocolates first!!!!!) and then used a couple of the holly leaves cut out from the top of the card and some wee red beads.
Time to put everything together.  I did add the rest of the holly leaves to the card, 4 on the digi and 2 on the inside of the card, it seemed a shame to waste them.


Thank you for stopping by :)
Ingredients
  • Digi 'Scarlett Holly' by Ching Chou Kuik available from Sweet Pea Stamps
  • Dies -  Spellbinders Grand Scallop Circles, Lea'bilities Wreath For All Seasons and  Marianne Design Craftables Flower
  • Promarkers
  • Papermania vellum
  • Ribbon, beads, peel off stickers and gold leaves from my stash
Challenges entered

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, so pretty...
    I am in shock at the DHL quote for a card....what next...I'd rather have the money thanks very much..lol...
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there...what a wonderful Christmas card, thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT...x carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. im back...lol thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ too x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun and fab holiday card, i especially love all those amazing layers! thanks for celebrating red and green with us at JINGLE BELLES this fortnight! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fantastic die cutting ... thanks for the photos that show the process ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely make! Thanks for joining in our Ribbons challenge at We Do Doobadoo
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Mimi!
    Thanks for joining us at That's Crafty.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card, such a brillilant design.
    Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous, I like the image and the design, thanks for joining in with us at We Do Doobadoo, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi