Followers

Sunday, June 1, 2014

SPS - Sandcastle Note Card

Sweet Pea Stamps

Hello folks, here I am again with another creation for  Sweet Pea Stamps.  This is my DT card for the June Challenge - Hit The Beach.  Head on over to One Sweet Challenge to join in the fun <g>

I used the image Sandcastles by Elizabeth Bell (this image is only available as a rubber stamp)
I started by making the box to hold the note paper.  This was cut with white card and then covered with water vellum.
 Next I made the side pieces for the base of the note card using Memory Box Big-Splash border cut in black and then I trimmed off the excess which I did not need.
The digi was coloured with Promarkers.
I cut my card blank and covered in blue water vellum and also a scalloped circle backing using Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circles.  With all the bits assembled time to finish off the rest of the embellishments. I printed a second circle with the quote "History is a child building a sand-castle by the sea, and that child is the whole majesty of man's power in the world" - Heraditus, to go behind the digi.
 I painted the shell and fish buttons with Extreme Glitter.
 the pencil too was covered in Extreme Glitter.  Next I made a pencil charm with the fish button and some beads.
 The shells were attached to the card in one small pile.
 And here we have the finished creation.

Thank you for stopping by :)

Ingredients
  • Sandcastles by Elizabeth Bell (this image is only available as a rubber stamp)
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Memory Box Big Splash, Spellbinders Grand Circles and Grand Scallop Circles
  • Beads, buttons and vellum from my stash
Challenges entered

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Mimi! That water paper is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Jellypark Friends! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card :) Love all the detail!! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is beautiful...what a wonderful technique!! Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Outdoors"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Hanna & Friends. Hugs Susanne.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi