Followers

Friday, May 9, 2014

La Fée Verte - but mine is blue!!!!

A day for total self indulgence :)  I love Aurora Wings digs, bought a bunch a couple of years ago when I first started using digi images to make cards, as just could not resist :)  Think we have all been there - got to have hahahaha

As this is such a detailed image I really want a card which is all about the image so clean shapes, a little lace and a few flowers.  Not that this was a quick card to make, at least 5 hours just colouring :)

OK, so I started by colouring the digi in just blues for the Aurora Wings Monochromatic challenge.  Promarkers were used for the fairy, her wings and her dress section including how the folds become a spray of flowers.  For the rest of the image I used anything I could find in my stash that was a similar colour; Derwant and Lakeland pencils, metallic pen and my old and not many left working gel pens, with the win of trying to achieve contrast but not introduce to many hues.
 These the the mixed media items I used.
To finish off I used Ice Stickles on the wings and many of the bubble/droplets in the digi.  
Once coloured and embellished, a simple navy mount to match the card base and white peel off line stickers for a border.
I do love flowers on cards so following the  rose theme of the image I air brushed 3 roses, added in a couple of  carnation looking flowers and lilies with pearls.  Finally a couple of skeleton leaves.  I did away with the roses as when I put them on the card they were just to yellow/cream and instead added more lillies.
 For a bit more dimension I used navy wire and made these tendrils.
 To complete the inside of the card I used a Sizzix border emboss and cut die.  I then used Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Grand Labels 1 for the basic shape.  To finish off a bit of lace, Liquid Pearls and Ice Stickles to match the front of the card.

View showing inside of card.
 Front view.

Ingredients
  • Digi - La Fée Verte by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff
  • Promarkes, Derwent and Lakeland pencils
  • Dies - Sizzix border die and Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Grand Labels 1
  • Ice Stickles and Liquid Pearls
  • Flowers, gems, skeleton leaves and lace from my stash
I am entering this creation into the following challenges:-

19 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning treasure ..... what a gorgeous image and your 5 colouring hours were worth every single minute.. Your shades of Blue are so pretty and show every aspect of Mitzi's 'La Fee Verte' in all their beauty.... I keep scrolling back to your card and each time I'm captivated by yet another detail to feast my eyes on.

    The delicate floral spray that you have created is so perfect to compliment the image, whilst the lace border adds delicate texture to this card that is a 'marriage' of two awesome talents. Then, having experienced the joy and pleasure of this work of art, we see that the beauty is 'within' too.

    Lots of love xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful....i have that image and its not an easy one to colour....you have done an amazing job

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely EXQUISITE, Mimi and worth every second it took to create this masterpiece! Every detail is total perfection and your coloring is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining our Monochromatic Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I am blown away. You did an amazing job with the coloring and pulling it all together with your embellishments. So glad you joined us this week at TTPH and Good Luck!

    Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible card, Mimi! Gorgeous coloring of this intricate image and the perfect embellishments to balance it all out. I was thrilled when I first saw you post this at the FB group, but reading that you spent 5 hours coloring the image made me so happy. Thank you for making something so fabulous with my image! And thank you for joining Aurora Wings' "Monochromatic" challenge with this beauty! Big hugs Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning, love the colours you have chosen the different shades of blue work so beautifully together and of course Mitzi's sensational image which I think would have taken me longer than 5 hours so congratulations on making such a wonderful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams, hope we see you again soon...
    Love and Huggers ~ Lady Anne xx
    Dragonfly Dreams
    Lady Anne's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous!! I love this! Thank you for joining my S challenge over on Quirky Crafts, there's loads more S's here! Spray (flowers) Skeleton leaves, sparkle, Spellbinder and Sizzix to name a few! Look out for the winner on Sunday and we hope to see you again soon!
    ((Lyn)) Quirky DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just simply gorgeous! I can't image the amount of time you put into it, but it was well worth it. Thanks so much for joining in on our May Flowers challenge at the Hambo Hoedown!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie
    Hambo DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is wow I love it so beautiful thank you for joining TTPH

    Jacqui DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful.Thanks for playing along with us at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges Hope to see you again next week
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, love this image and it looks amazing in blue!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope you'll be back soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly a stunning creation you have here! Thank you for joining our Say it with Flowers Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stunning - I love all the beautiful detail on this. Thanks for joining us over at Love To Create.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an amazing project. Your coloring is amazing. And you are right, that image does not need many embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Aurora Wings. Good luck and I hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining the Hoedown this week!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woah!!! The detail you've put into this card is utterly AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWwww!!!! This is just amazing work! :) LOVE the image, your intricate coloring...and really everything about your final card! ♡ Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi