Followers

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Birdy Birdy!!

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  Before I go any further I would just like to say a big thank you to all the new followers who have joined my over the past few weeks, I hope you are enjoying the creations that find their way from my craft room to my blog <g>.  Without further ado, onto this weeks challenge:-

Challenge #165

Theme ' Make it Stitchy'

This weeks challenge is a bit different.  To participate you MUST use an item from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet, it may be a digi, design paper or a die cut.   Now this weeks sponsors ... Are us. Us being the Design Team. We have collected items for creating cards/ scrapbooks. Some have been hand made by our DT members too :O) We had a theme to follow which was April showers bring May flowers ;O) Next month we will have another mega prize challenge so the DT girls that aren't featured in this months prize will pop up next month ;O) Random org will pick all the winners.. So you could win 1 or more of these gooorgeous prizes.Don't forget, if you spend $3 or more then you also get the free weekly digi, what a brilliant offer.
For this weeks challenge I had to choose a digi by the awesome designer Claire of Hope Jacare and I just could not resist the beautiful 'Cockatoo', a digi I fell in love with some time ago.  This was a great fun card to make and one of those that, when completed was just like the image in my head right at the start.  I used a photo of a cockatoo which I took on a trip to Australia as the inspiration for the colour and decided to layer it with silver.  Pink and sliver Stickles were also used to decorate the cockatoo.  My sister, who so lovingly comments every week is going to hate this card - sorry Ingrid, please don't look :) :) :) - she hates feathers and birds follow a close behind.  I love birds so this is one area where we will never talk the same language.  I have a feeling it was this packet of pink and white feathers I picked up on a shopping trip with my sister which I opened in her house and a whole load fluttered out!!!!

Recipe:-
  • White Linen card and pale pink shimmer card from Craft Creations
  • Silver paper from the Paper Box
  • DIgi -  'Cockatoo' by Hope Jacare
  • Lattice card topper, digi mount, sentiment and sentiment mount - designed by me and cut on my Black Cat.  This was mounted to the base card with foam tape
  • Feathers and gems from my stash
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-

22 comments:

  1. So...r..R...y sWeaT..hEA...rT .... I'm a jibberring wreck ... telling of my phobia was sufficient to upset my equilibrium. I'm sure your card has worked very well and the colouring beautiful. (I had to scroll passed it fast) PLEASE, don't bring this masterpiece home for me but I will have the paper bag :-) I'm excited to see more of your cards and more of the papers and digi stamps you have in the StitchyBears shop, so I'm sure you'll forgive me today. Love you xxxx ps: there's a pink feather behind my sofa - I'm trying to ignore it until you are here to sort it out for me xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, love the colours and that stamp is fab! Thanks for joining us at NMWC this month
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining at One Stop Craft Challenge: Furry Friends
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card, love the colours image and design. Thank you for joining us over at Glitter n Sparkle, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really super birthday card Mimi and just perfect for our theme this week.

    Thanks so much for joining in our birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love this, Jane and the birdie is so flamboyant and gorgeous. She must be preening all day long to look so pretty.
    Big hugs. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card, absolutely love the image and great colours. Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Abbie DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your chosen colours - superb!The lattice effect of the card is a perfect combination. Cheers Claire(Hope Jacare) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Cockatoo!! Love your coloring.. fantastic card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can!!! Good Luck! I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)

    - Susan, DT @ Crafting When We Can
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card - I love the image! Thanks for joining our Animals challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card and image. Thank you for sharing and joining us at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous card. The image and colours look gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining our Joanna Sheen Challenge this time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! thanks for joining us at Gingerloft challenge - enjoy your week and come back again! Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for participating in our 4th anniversary blog hop at Allsorts with your lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! Thanks for joining our Animals challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is on awesome bird and I bet he knows it. :-)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, I cannot imagine how awful is for your sister to have a feather phobia. I mean, you see them everywhere don't you? IT must freak her out when she is out in public with people wearing them on clothing and jewellery and birds are just everywhere. My hubby doesn't like it if they flap too closely to him, especially his face.

    This is every pretty card, the soft colours work really well and your lattice background is amazing. The electronic cutters are pretty darned good and you made a lovely design with this one.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is so PRETTY!!!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO last week!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card :D
    Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Mimi ... I just had a spot open up on the Digi Haven Design Team ... just wondering if you'd be interested? Your work is gorgeous ... especially your coloring. Please let me know ... DigiHavenDT@Yahoo.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely card. I was browsing for handmade birthday wishes and greetings and I stumbled on Allsorts challenge. I love your entry and I must that this is so beautiful...

    Cheers and hugs
    Alma
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi