Followers

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Masculine

  International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over and join us with you artwork :)


Challenge #138
Masculine

Our challenge theme 'Masculine' has been chosen by Maggie.


I made this last year for my grandson for Christmas.  He loves his biking and is such a dare devil :)  Alas last week he had a wee mishap when doing a jump and a tree got in the way, ending up with a broken wrist just in time for the Summer hols bless him, he is not a happy bunny.  Anyway, back to the clock, I designed the clock as large as I could for my laser bed so it has a diameter of 390mm.  The base layer is MDF which I painted grey with acrylic paint and the top layer is black acrylic.  I bought the clock mechanism which came with silver hands, these were then coloured with alcohol inks which I have discovered stick to the metal really well when dried.  A very successful Christmas gift which Jay is still enjoying, he says the ticking sends him to sleep lol.  


3 comments:

  1. The clock looks great, no wonder Jay is pleased with it. I hope his wrist heals quickly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what is awesome Jane, Who wouldn't love a clock like this Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome gift. I thought at first it was just a circle shaped card, but then read that it is a working clock. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi