Followers

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Remembrance

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over and join us with you artwork :)


Challenge #121
Remembrance
This fortnights challenge ' Remembrance' has been chosen by Sall.

I designed and laser cut this poppy using 4mm Oak Veneer MDF - oh how I love it when a project comes together and everything fits lol.  I am writing this post while an extension to this project is underway, resin filling the poppy.  I am not a resin user by any means, just a bit of dabbling here and there and no great success alas.  It is why I have take a pic of the poppy cross for this challenge before attempting the resin filling.  No matter what happens I will share the result with you - going to take a couple of days to set then I will know if this has turned into a bin job or good enough to give as a gift to my army daughter :) :) 

Update - happy days, it worked better than I could have hoped with the resin filling. The poppy cross is now with my daughter and on her desk at work.  Super big smiles from me.




2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and I bet your daughter loves it - perfect home for it on her desk. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning well done a wonderful gift Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi