Followers

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Landscapes

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over and join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #99
Landscape

Happy New Year everybody,  fingers crossed 2021 is a year to remember for all the right reasons :) :) :) This fortnights challenge 'Landscape' has been chosen by Josephine.  I am still on my learning journey with the laser etcher/cutter and tried something new for this challenge.  So far a fair few boxes have been made in my house and lots of etching done but for this one I decided to try and colour the image with Promarkers.  Really was a bit of trial and error as the inks bleed into the grain of the wood so you don't have much control so with just a bit of extra time taken and a light hand I managed to stay within the etched lines pretty well I think lol.  Next I diluted some Crafter's Companion tint with 70% to make a very light coloured wash which I then used to dye the box - aiming for a very watery distressed feel.  Once completed, sanded and varnished I added the wee knob made from a paper rolled bead which I filed down on one side to give a larger area to glue to the box.  To cover the hole left at the top of the bead I added a small flower bead which I attached with a toothpick through the hole then the excess on the top cut off and sanded down.   The image used is Room with a View by Just Inklined.



I am entering this box in the following challenges : 






1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi