Followers

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Fiver

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #90
Inspired by a Book

This fortnights challenge 'Inspired by a Book' has been chosen by Josephine.  I am not a great book reader, just can't sit still long enough to enjoy reading and I am not a speed reader by any means.  There are a few favourite authors I enjoy like Jodi Piccult and Val McDermid  and some memorable reads over the years - War and Peace, War and Remembrance, Animal Farm, Watership Down along with Lord of the Rings trilogy.  For my creation this fortnight I have chosen 'Watership Down' by Richard Adams as my inspiration, with the lone rabbit, deep in thought with his dreams being Fiver.  You can read more about the rabbit families trials and tribulations as they find ways to survive here 



I designed the top cut out layer which was then cut on my die cutter as I wanted a circle with a mound for Fiver to sit on.  The rabbit and tree branches are stamps are from the Creative Stamper magazine and the wild flowers in the foreground are Sheena Douglas.  Distress Inks were used along to create the backgrounds with a fair bit of masking involved as I built up the layers.  The moon has a coat of Crafter's Companion Silver Glitter varnish which I applied thickly then finished off with a blast across the whole background - the rabbit was masked yet again at this point as I don't think he would appreciate all the bling :) 

I am entering this card in the following challenges : =



4 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous! I love the soft colors.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job on your creation. I have heard of that book, but have not read it. I need to put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is gorgeous - what a great scene

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene, I especially love the flowers in the forefront. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi